Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

iPhone 8 and iPhone X

SuperUser

Apple announced 3 new phones yesterday -- iPhone 8, iPhone 8Plus and iPhone X (read as iPhone ten).

Both iPhone8 and iPhone 8Plus is almost similar to the phones before. So, honestly, not much to really talk about.

but iPhone X... no home button. no TouchID. instead, it will have FaceID. and almost the whole front is just screen.

it is also on the price-y side. close to USD1000. 

so, what do you guys think? excited? which one are you looking forward to? and do you hope Digi will have device plans for those phones? which one?

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

Re: iPhone 8 and iPhone X

Community Manager

I might need to sell my kidneys to get the iPhone X  Smiley Frustrated

Community Manager

Pricing of the iPhone may even exceed some credit card limit. LOL

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

SuperUser

assuming usd1k and conversion rate of 5... that's rm5000. dun think credit limit that low... heh heh...

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

[ Edited ]
SuperUser

The concept of the iPhone X is superb. 

However, I just wished there was an iPhone X Plus which has a display size of at least 6.2". This would put it around the same size of the Samsung S8 Plus and Note 8. 

Now, at 5.8" display size with an aspect ratio of about 19.5:9, the display size is pretty smallish, kind of like the Samsung S8 (non-Plus). 

That being said, for those who want a big-screen iOS phone experience, the iPhone 8 Plus (or even the 7 Plus) would be more suitable than the iPhone X as the screens on the 8 Plus and 7 Plus are much wider (better for everyday apps). 

But optimistically speaking, I'll be holding my breath for 2018 when Apple launches the iPhone X Plus in a glorious 6.2" display size. Now, THAT would be just MAGICAL. Smiley Very Happy

SuperUser

@shockk wrote:

But optimistically speaking, I'll be holding my breath for 2018 when Apple launches the iPhone X Plus in a glorious 6.2" display size. Now, THAT would be just MAGICAL. Smiley Very Happy

u think Apple will actually have another model? heh heh...

i just find the aspect ratio  makes the phone feel like it's long...

but ya... i think what apple has done is quite good. this will push others to follow... for example: wireless charging. looks like we can expect more phones (Android, etc) to have wireless charging. previously, only flagship Androids would have this.

another is AMOLED screen! i love this..

Community Manager

You guys remember the joke about iPhone getting longer with every iteration? It's real. Hahahahaha

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

SuperUser

@MrOctopusK wrote:

You guys remember the joke about iPhone getting longer with every iteration? It's real. Hahahahaha

oh ya... lolz...

anyway, no one interested in this phone? macam very few replies only...

Community Manager

I think most people are awaitng for the iPhone X.

SuperUser

@MrOctopusK wrote:

I think most people are awaitng for the iPhone X.

ya... seems to be so based on polls conducted by many tech websites.

not going to be easy getting one since it seems Apple struggling to meet expected demand for this phone...