Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

When Digi will make eSim for iPhone available?

When Digi will make eSim for iPhone available? is there any  specific date or during the iPhone launching?

Re: When Digi will make eSim for iPhone available?

Support

neezam, no confirmation on this yet but worry not once we have any info on this, we will announce it officially on our website ya.

Hi, any update on esim support for Iphone XR/XS?

Thank you.

Support

Hi lvangent, still no confirmation on eSIM yet. Once available, we will announce accordingly.

When will Digi  going to annouced  on the eSim for iPhone X???????????  Your competitor been implemented it 7 days ago. 

Support

If we are going to offer it, we'll advertise it. From time to time, you may refer to our website for the latest info. TQ

Hope it helps. Please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR click on "Accept as Solution" from Options menu above to help others find their answers faster! Have a nice day!

You might as well say we won’t do it. Been so long, nothing has been done.

[ Edited ]
SuperUser

eSim isn't without it's own drawbacks and it isn't perfect either.

if you are using an eSim, it is quite a hassle to transfer the sim between various phones or devices  - mainly because an eSim phone can only use them. Officially, that only means the latest generation iPhone now for the said competitor. So if your phone gets lost / stolen, or suddenly dies for no reason mid-day (touch wood!), you're stuck without a phone that can use your line until you can get another iPhone XS/XS Max/XR, or you will have to visit the service centre of the (competitor) telco to get a replacement physical sim.

the above is from my own personal experience of using the eSim from the competitor (I use multiple lines from multiple telcos on a daily basis).

@ycpjoan wrote:

When will Digi  going to annouced  on the eSim for iPhone X???????????  Your competitor been implemented it 7 days ago. 

SuperUser

An update from my side. Smiley Happy

I've just returned from another telco's official centre, and changed back my eSim to a normal physical sim card. 

Even the customer service personnel at that centre informed me that there have been many complaints on eSim usage, especially on slow mobile data issues and signal strength. 

So, just be careful if you want to purposely port out from Digi to other telcos (as a few telcos offer eSim already) just for eSim.

Highlighted

Looks like eSim is available at Digi now: https://beta.digi.com.my/support/help-center/phones/esim