Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Windows and Windows Phone 8.1/10

Windows is moving to a universal app which can run on PC/Tablet and Phone. There are services which are so restrictive to Android and Iphone. Are there plans to create similar apps which are universal to Windows ecosystem so i can use PC/Tablet and Phone which are based on Windows? Its kind of a dud where all my work is great on Windows but I can't get much for entertainment on my platform because it is monopolized by 2 mobile OS's. 

Looking forward to a good reply.

Windows and Windows Phone 8.1/10

Contributor
totally agreed

Re: Windows and Windows Phone 8.1/10

SuperUser

well, Microsoft has said they will have tools that will allow developers to easily port apps from either Android or iOS over to Windows. if it's really easy to use, then I guess there will probably be more apps available to Windows. currently, major complain when it comes to Windows phone -- no apps! 

quality apps is another matter i guess. then again... if there are more apps, then maybe more ppl will buy and when more people buy (bigger install base), then developers will spend more time polising the apps for Windows. 

personally, i think Windows 10 have got potential. but probably need to wait at least a year or so.

i'm actually interested to see what the leaked/ rumoured Lumia 950XL can do. the leaked specs seems impressive enough and i wonder if the surface pen (reportedly will ship with the 950XL) is as good as what i get with Samsung Galaxy Note's s-pen.

If this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy