Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Scam on steam wallet purchase

Hi all,

I would like to know how do i cancel/block the transactions made via my phone no to purchase steam wallet credit? i was being scam as one of the hacker pretending to be my fren added me in FB. asked for my hp no and said so wanna entered into a quiz contest. asked me to key in the code.. at 1st i did not suspect any and was blur and followed wat he said. after done, i got sms said so my credit limit exceed 80%. so i feel suspicious and suddenly awake and go check the fb profile and found out tat is not my fren. but my acc was being charged RM122 oredi. i called digi centre and they asked me to contact steam wallet. i had emailed steam wallet but they said so they cant help as the credit was purchase via other stream. Any possible to cancel the transaction and not deduct my bill amount? appreciate for help.

Re: Scam on steam wallet purchase

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Sorry on that unpleasant experience. This scam method is gaining popularity recently. The TAC code must not be given to anyone including your friend without a reason.  The TAC code represents your consent to make payment. 

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Hi did you find out how to resolve this? The same thing just happened to me and the Digi Helpline is the most useless system they just said to report it directly to Steam. But it looks like we have to create an account in that system to do that.

@jesstn wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to know how do i cancel/block the transactions made via my phone no to purchase steam wallet credit? i was being scam as one of the hacker pretending to be my fren added me in FB. asked for my hp no and said so wanna entered into a quiz contest. asked me to key in the code.. at 1st i did not suspect any and was blur and followed wat he said. after done, i got sms said so my credit limit exceed 80%. so i feel suspicious and suddenly awake and go check the fb profile and found out tat is not my fren. but my acc was being charged RM122 oredi. i called digi centre and they asked me to contact steam wallet. i had emailed steam wallet but they said so they cant help as the credit was purchase via other stream. Any possible to cancel the transaction and not deduct my bill amount? appreciate for help.

I also faced the same issue today. Can I know have you found the solution?Kindly share

So,did digi pull back the transaction? Or still charge to yout phone bill?

End up, digi can’t take any action to pull back the transaction?
And we still being charge by digi? Problem is still going on. And the message we received also didn’t mention the amount will charges to phone bill, we assume that is a contest only.

Yesterday i also have the same experience 1st message i dint suspect and this made me have to pay rm63 and the digi helpline tell me cannot cancel the fee so **bleep** before i send back the code tp the hacker i go to digi app check for the charge show nothing but after that i come to the website to check it show 63 **bleep** digi system

Support

We are sorry to inform you that Steam cannot refund the amount you lost. Smiley Sad However, we can escalate this issue to them and they can block your number from using their service to avoid scam in the future.

The bill on showed 

Steamwallet Code - 1 unit only

But didnt show ur the transaction detail to steamwallet...I believe there's a transaction code need to provideby digi, with the transaction code then we able to let steamwallet know which transaction was deal from scam, by the way we need a police report with the digi transaction code

Dear Fero,

Appreciate you could assist me how  to block my number  from using Steam services?

Thank you