Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Receiving TAC Codes Overseas On a Prepaid Plan Without Roaming

Hi,

I'd like to check if anybody here knows whether I can receive TAC codes overseas for free without subscribing to any roaming plans on a Prepaid account?

I would  normally keep my Malaysian sim card in a non-smartphone and only use it to do banking stuff. I know banks allow us to get a code instantly via the phone app now, so my concern is definitely for other 3rd party apps that require some kind of codes sent to my mobile for verification purposes.

I subscribed to a postpaid plan for a few years (it was working then), but recently I switched to prepaid. Wondering if it's still the same. I will be abroad for at least a year.

Looking forward to receiving realiable help!

Thanks in advance!

Re: Receiving TAC Codes Overseas On a Prepaid Plan Without Roaming

Community Manager

Yes, you can receive SMS while roaming without roaming plans. Please ensure that your credit balance is sufficient and the prepaid is not expired throughout your overseas visit.

If you do not intend to spend credits while roaming, do consider to turn off voicemail and missed call alerts (for both local and roaming) through *128# menu. 

Since you're not going to use data plan, putting your phone to 2G/3G mode is going to safe guard you from any potential data charges due to VoLTE provisioning.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Re: Receiving TAC Codes Overseas On a Prepaid Plan Without Roaming

AWESOME!!

Thank you for your prompt reply too! 

Have a good day 😃

Gab