Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Not receiving SMS.

I haven't been able to receive any messages from anyone since November 2016. I thought it was my iPhone 6 Plus's problem and I have tried all techniques on my phone to see if it's my devices issue but it isn't. I switched my sim card to another phone and tested on that too and unfortunately my sim number still could not receive any messages. Please help, I need this fixed urgently.

Re: Not receiving SMS.

Support

Hi @Aahtnamas. Please confirm, can you send SMS out? 

Hope it helps. Please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR click on "Accept as Solution" from Options menu above to help others find their answers faster! Have a nice day!

Hello,

Till now I am able to send out an sms but not able to receive them. This card is under my grandfathers name, currently his condition is too poor for him to leave the house so I am unable to cancel this plan and apply for a new number(to maybe end this  unreceivable-sms nightmare) I don't know what else I can do. 

Hi Zemi. I know now what must be the issue. Ever since I stopped receiving SMS as of September. I noticed it was around the time the new iOS update with iMessage came around. Another thing is, I have just realised Digi has been auto sending messages to the UK number where you activate iMessage or FaceTime, when I have both the features turned off!!! My bill went from rm85 to rm100 to rm200!! The last two months. I have even paid the rm100 and one month of around rm200. This month I am not going to pay until I have this settled. I do not understand why my number keeps sending the SMS trying to activate when I have never tried to activate it! There's been over 40 SMS this past month to that number but the iMessage or FaceTime feature has been turned off and never popped up for me since the first few days I tried to activate it. This is unfair. Can this case be refunded? Especially the extra rm100+ I paid unknowingly that I was paying for the SMS sent out to the uk for FaceTime/iMessage.

Community Manager

@Aahtnamas, you can contact our support or Live Chat for your SMS charges issue, although from the information I know, there is no refund for those SMS.

When your device asks for iMessage/Facetime activation using SMS, you can click cancel, and then the phone will give you option to activate iMessage/Facetime by email. Can you try this?

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Problem is, I have clicked cancelled, and the pop ups have stopped completely for weeks, so I do not understand why my number keeps sending out sms to the UK every few minutes or so even without touching my phone and no pop ups. And I never got any alerts from digi for this behavior, have even visited someone at the counter  and asked why my bill was so high and asked them to check, they told me nothing with my usage, nothing was wrong? 200 plus sms's monthly to the same number! This is ridiculus. I've came across similar subjected forums like this on here, and all the posts have said there can be a refund. Nevermind, i will email, (my sixth time including this time after this post), and I have already live chatted before and no feedbacks still.

Support

Hi Aahtnamas,

In order for you to avoid the SMS charges in future, you may follow the steps below to check the phone setting as stated.

Phone setting >> Messages >> Send & Receive >> Select start new conversation from your "Apple ID"

Thanks.

I don't think I am making myself quite clear. I don't mind sms charges if I had sent those sms. But it's been 8 months since my number has been unable to receive any sms or send out any sms.

Top it all off, few months ago apparently after turning off and disabling all facetime and imessage features, my number is still silently, secretly sending out activiation codes.

Nevermind, will make time to visit one of your headquarters, since digi forums or live chat don't understand what their clients have issues with.

I m facing the same problem no sms out and in..
Highlighted

Support

Hi CarmanSum. Should th issue persists, please PM us for further assistance. Thank you.

Hope it helps. Please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR click on "Accept as Solution" from Options menu above to help others find their answers faster! Have a nice day!