Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

A Gaming Headset All Gamers Should Have!

by SuperUser on ‎12-07-2021 11:53 AM - last edited on ‎12-07-2021 12:04 PM by Community Manager

Hello fellow gamers, it’s me again! Today I will be reviewing the Asus ROG Strix Go 2.4 headset. Taking meetings online has been an ongoing way of work, and my usual earphones just don't cut it anymore. I had to get another new headset! Upon researching for a few days, I’ve decided on the Asus ROG Strix Go 2.4.

Let us dive more into it 😊

Capture.PNG

The unit itself

Capture.PNG

The back of the box

Capture.PNG

Upon unboxing you'll be greeted with a ROG logo and text. 

Capture.PNG

It also comes with a carry casing!

Capture.PNG

As seen in the image below, the headset is foldable so it’s good to have when you’re on the go. The headset once unfolds, with matte finishing on the ear cups. Tends to be a bit of a fingerprint magnet in my opinion but definitely not a big issue for me. It also contains a few useful accessories:

- A pair of headsets

- Type C cable for charging

- Detachable microphone

- 3.3mm to 3.5mm headphone jack

- Type C to Type A converter 

Capture.PNG

The Type C Dongle used for multi-platform/devices (PC, consoles, phone)

Capture.PNG

On laptop                                                                   On phone

Capture.PNG   Capture.PNG

On switch

Capture.PNG

The headset itself has very good build quality. It’s light, does not feel heavy at all after wearing it all day be it for work or gaming. The ear cups, although they do not have memory foam, it’s still very comfortable for me. I used to never like wearing a headset as most of the time it feels uncomfortable, but the ROG Strix Go 2.4 really made me reconsider hopping on the bandwagon. Out of the box, the ROG Strix Go performs pretty much normally. Everything changes once you install Asus’s Armoury Crate software (which is used to control/configure majority of Asus’s product) More options are unleashed in the application itself. 

Capture.PNG

All your Asus gear can be seen in this same application itself, as seen from the image above, you’ll notice 2 different devices.

Capture.PNG

Once you click into the ROG Strix Go 2.4 tab, you are able to see more option available such as playback settings, recordings, sound optimization and many more.

Capture.PNG

Wide range of sound optimization available for the headset. I usually change it accordingly and can definitely benefit from it. For instance, if I pick FPS, you will definitely feel the difference with it’s realistic in-game sound effects. One thing to take note of is that for Music mode, it sounds better with Virtual Surround sound on. For those that prefer a heavier bass headset, this will not be your first choice. I am content with the bass that it has by default, but also note that bass can be adjusted via control center. I did not notice any delay of audio or anything when gaming/listening to songs, thanks to their 2.4Ghz dongle. Speaking of meetings, I do use the same headset most of the time for Microsoft Team meeting and I personally find the built-in mic works perfectly for me (no complains of background noise, all thanks to Asus’s AI Noise-Cancellation which uses AI algorithms to eliminate environment noises) A single charge of the headset also able to last me throughout the week with a mixture of gaming and listening to music in between. I have yet to test out the Hi-Res option available via the 3.5mm as I’m mostly on the headset wirelessly.

Overall, the Asus ROG Strix Go 2.4 is one of the best gaming headset choices out there as it supports many different platforms thus making it a good choice as one can not only use it on PC but also on other platforms such as using it on Nintendo switch without the need of getting a dongle which allows Bluetooth headset or earphone to connect to the switch. I personally would rate the Asus ROG Strix Go 2.4 a solid 9/10!

That’s all the time I have, till next time folks