Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

caution on these numbers

Contributor
Hi, just let's you guy know, when you received sms from there number's where content with a shortens URL link, never never pressed on it. It's not ok. Dangerous! Caused you lot of money's and whatever 🙄 It's going to make you feel bad. See the attachment for the numbers. Those numbers hard to blocking all of them , because it keep coming back with different new number again, keep blocking! I think android phone is automatic open the link on the notification pop out, **bleep**, dangerous!
wp_ss_20170429_0001.png

Re: caution on these numbers

Community Manager

@ching, thank you for sharing. I'm wondering how did these text start? For my own numbers, I don't get random URLs.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

[ Edited ]
Contributor

most of the time begin with some unreadable random character string follow by the shorten url. sometime with simple message follow with a shorten url. technically, i not open and read the sms, just get a look at the notification preview,  before my windows mobile 10 update to latest version, the notification already caused the phone goes crazy. after feedback to Microsoft, thing get better in latest version os. after googling, android phone having this type of BIG issues on notification self open the url, bad news.

and different scenarios.often received sms begin with few short numeric  message  from A.K.A bank's, Digi and some really get no idea what itis with a content and a shorten url, some is about promotion that not existed on earth. and the funny is one of my mobile number is private, only family member's have it. funny, right.

Contributor

Just to add to uninformed consumers that you've pointed is valid.

There's is this new scam going on which is called 1-click Carrrier Billing. I've also been scammed quite a sum of credit with my other  prepaid line with  Telco C after trialling out some apps on Google's Play Store.Gave up pursuing them already since they'll just pretend and place your case under investigation until you give up trying.

My question is how can these 3rd party external providers be allowed by the telco to opt in by just a single accidental click by users? It should be at least a 2-3 step confirmation process before the telco imposes  the fee/charges.

Worst is that some of these unscrupulous services disguise themselves as ad banners/close button in certain apps. You might think that clicking on a 'X' button of a banner closes it, but instead it'll actually opt you automatically  for future continual credit deductions. 

What are telcos doing to prevent this? I believe this 1-click subscription should not be allowed, you need the customer to confirm with a personal PIN or password with a further 2-3 step approach  before billing your customers.

Contributor

just received a **bleep** good example,  keep on coming :

62002 hi i'm nick from hong leong bank outsorce we providing personal loan bla bla bla ...v can help 017-2903331

sender : 62002

Contributor

i hate android, because the store did a bad jobs on secured the customer right. because i'm a mobile apps developer, all kind of crazy thing can be done on android apps. But i only developed windows phone apps because have a secure sandbox, that why people so hate Windows Mobile Phone, too secure! 

Community Manager

@HSHL0483 wrote:

Just to add to uninformed consumers that you've pointed is valid.

There's is this new scam going on which is called 1-click Carrrier Billing. I've also been scammed quite a sum of credit with my other  prepaid line with  Telco C after trialling out some apps on Google's Play Store.Gave up pursuing them already since they'll just pretend and place your case under investigation until you give up trying.

My question is how can these 3rd party external providers be allowed by the telco to opt in by just a single accidental click by users? It should be at least a 2-3 step confirmation process before the telco imposes  the fee/charges.

Worst is that some of these unscrupulous services disguise themselves as ad banners/close button in certain apps. You might think that clicking on a 'X' button of a banner closes it, but instead it'll actually opt you automatically  for future continual credit deductions. 

What are telcos doing to prevent this? I believe this 1-click subscription should not be allowed, you need the customer to confirm with a personal PIN or password with a further 2-3 step approach  before billing your customers.

Digi is attempting to block non compliant third party company from subscribing customers through scrapulous way: http://community.digi.com.my/t5/Apps-Services/Third-Party-Charges-for-SMS-from-Content-Providers/ta-...

If possible, avoid using apps or websites that place such ads. Reply STOP ALL to these SMS immediately whenever you notice unwanted subscription(s)

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.