Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Upgrading sim card to 4G

hi

Previously  i'm using 3g sim card with  DIGI Best Prepaid v3 plan and internet package from that plan. using my old 3g phone. Recently i  bought 4g capable phones so i want to know if it is possible to replace my old 3g sim card to 4g sim while retaining my current plan : DIGI Best Prepaid v3?

The reasons i want to keep this plan are because :

1) i already have another 2 accounts (DIGI Prepaid LIVE plan in  other 2 hp) so changing plan is not my  preferred choice atm.

2) I want to keep using DIGI Best Prepaid v3's internet plan rm38/monthly with those SuperDeals options.

thank you.

Highlighted

Re: Upgrading sim card to 4G

Community Manager

@Unicrones wrote:

hi

Previously  i'm using 3g sim card with  DIGI Best Prepaid v3 plan and internet package from that plan. using my old 3g phone. Recently i  bought 4g capable phones so i want to know if it is possible to replace my old 3g sim card to 4g sim while retaining my current plan : DIGI Best Prepaid v3?

The reasons i want to keep this plan are because :

1) i already have another 2 accounts (DIGI Prepaid LIVE plan in  other 2 hp) so changing plan is not my  preferred choice atm.

2) I want to keep using DIGI Best Prepaid v3's internet plan rm38/monthly with those SuperDeals options.

thank you.

Yes, you can upgrade the SIM card while retaining your number and plan. That is if you are the owner of the account, then you can visit a Digi Store for replacement.

Before replacing your SIM card, you can SMS "LTE" to 20000 to check whether your SIM card already supports 4G.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your quick reply.

I had followed as per your advice and received the feedback as below:

"RM0.00(excl.GST): Please upgrade your SIM card to experience Digi's Widest 4G LTE coverage. More info: http://digi.my/4GLTE"

So i guess mine isn't 4G capable simcard and need replacement.

Thank you very much once again. 

Highlighted

Community Manager

@Unicrones, that's right! Head to a Digi outlet for SIM replacement and experience the 4G if it is available at your area Smiley Happy

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements
Highlighted

adakah original ic diperlukan semasa proses uograde to 4g sim at digi store?

Highlighted

Support

hasri_ayie, anda perlu membawa ic / kad pengenalan untuk tujuan pengesahan semasa proses penukaran ke USIM sim kad

Highlighted

how can i check my sim card is 4G or 3G ? i found that by sms "LTE" to 20000 doesn't work anymore

Highlighted

Anonymous

Hi Arif9s, Kindly PM inbox phone number for checking?

Highlighted

Digi
Highlighted

Ok