Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Unauthorised charges to account and lack of support from Digi

[ Edited ]

I recently discovered that there were several deductions made to my pre paid account from “Gameini”. I do not use this line daily so I have never subscribed to any 3rd party services. Furthermore, Digi claims that a TAC code will be sent to the user if it is a genuine subscription and the service will appear in the myDigi app. I have never received any confirmation challenge and the myDigi app shows I am not subscribed to any service.

I need someone from Digi support to look into this matter as I see from this forum that users have been reporting unauthorised deductions from “Gameini”since Feb 18 while the most recent unauthorised charge to me occured in mid Nov 18.

On a related note, I am also very disappointed with Digi's support thus far. Before posting today on this forum, I had PMed a few of the Digi support staff on the forum as I hoped they would be able to directly deal with the problem but no one replied to me. Also, Digi is touting using the email and live chat channels in the myDigi app. The live chat seem to always be exepriencing a high volume of chat sessions. I have sent an email via the app but other than a pre formatted acknowledgement, no one has followed up with me either.

Digi > There is no use having so many support channels to reach out to you if there is no one on your end reading and responding to your users' issues.

Highlighted

Re: Unauthorised charges to account and lack of support from Digi

[ Edited ]

Update (19 Dec, 11.55AM): Finally got through Live Chat to a Digi CSO. He has promised to escalate the case to a relevant team while the service provider (Gameini I suppose) would be made to refund my account. However, the only advice the CSO can give is not to click on any pop ups or SMS links that appear or received.

As I do not click on any pop ups or SMS links, knowing well the scams invovled, I pressed him on having Digi bar my number from such services. However, he kept giving me the runaround, telling me the service provider will be told to bar my number. The CSO also confirmed any such 3rd party service subscriptions WILL NOT appear in the myDigi app, leaving a user non the wiser unless he checks his usage.

How does that prevent another service provider (say Gameitu) from charging me tomorrow? Digi should learn from telcos in Singapore where a user can opt in for his number to be barred against such 3rd party services.

Aside from the volume of complains about Gameini, it also appear that this service provider is a shady operator. My charges are for different amounts and are charged on different days e.g. not on every XXth of the month or on every XXday of the week. One would imagine a genuine subscription to charge a fixed amount and the billing cycle should always commence on a particular day.

But I suppose Digi will not take such a step because they receive a cut from the service provider for the charges and unless a user complains about the unauthorised charge, no action will or need to be taken. Imagine every user in Digi's user base getting charged for a few ringgit here and there and how much will the service provider (and by extension Digi) earn from this scheme.

Guess it is time to change providers when my time is up.

Highlighted

Re: Unauthorised charges to account and lack of suppor from Digi

I also having this problem. Digi really sucks. They should not allowed third parties steal our cash like this.
Highlighted

Re: Unauthorised charges to account and lack of support from Digi

[ Edited ]

Yes, I totally agree with you daniel1330.

To date, my refund has not come in and getting to folllow up with someone on Live Chat on their app is impossible.

I am guessing their strategy is to exhaust users from chasing them since the amounts tend to be small. By making it so difficult to get a refund, a typical user might just suck it in, take it as an additional expense on their bill and not chase anymore.

This is very typical of "customer service" these days... putting you on hold for a long time before ending your call without warning, promising you a refund when you finally do get through but no follow up thereafter etc.

Every user has a different threshold of what is tolerable but I think we should all persevere and insist Digi attend to us, refund us our hard earned money and make Digi put in measures to protect the people who are paying their salaries.