Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Spam Call

Hi. I'm currently using Digi New Best 2016 with number starting with +6016. I bought it last year. 

Since my SIM is activated, I have been receiving spam calls from random numbers and sometime from unidentified caller (unknown). Currently I have 3 numbers in my list : 

I tried to blacklist using my phone blacklist function but sometimes new number turns out and I'm unable to block it. It is very irritating. The voice is machine playback. Everytime the voice is the same. 

Hope digi can help me on this issue. 

*I can't attach any files, it always return upload error :-|

Re: Spam Call

Community Manager

Hi @leewp14, unfortunately Digi cannot be blocking specific incoming calls to your number, especially if the number changes too. What is the content of the call and are there any options that you can opt out of the call either by IVR or human interaction?

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

[ Edited ]

the contents of the call is an indian speaking in tamil for abt 2 minutes. I tried sending OFF back but nothing happened and the calls continue spam my phone. 

btw I saw that digi prepaid best 2016 is not having the option to extend validity for 365 days anymore, guess I will not continue using it anymore after reached inactivity... I use this sim just to use basic data n I'm a student so I opted for the 365 vadility so that I no need to reload regularly...

anyway thanks vm :-)

Community Manager

@leewp14 wrote:

the contents of the call is an indian speaking in tamil for abt 2 minutes. I tried sending OFF back but nothing happened and the calls continue spam my phone. 

btw I saw that digi prepaid best 2016 is not having the option to extend validity for 365 days anymore, guess I will not continue using it anymore after reached inactivity... I use this sim just to use basic data n I'm a student so I opted for the 365 vadility so that I no need to reload regularly...

anyway thanks vm :-)

That's right, you will need to reload into your prepaid to keep the number active. We hope you'll find our prepaid offerings attractive in the future and join us again.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.
Highlighted

Hi all,

similar to you, i've just got a call from that weird number : 1312266

googled it and figured it must be some spam / ads

hi same here. 

•  i never once answer them but sometimes i afraid if that call is urgent matter until i read your post.
  • i also found out the previous owner of my mobile phone number. wow. i am totally afraid right here because i've changed a lot of mobile number and services since i am 15. i just accidentally log in facebook account and change the password using this number when i realized that fb account isn't mine!it is someone else and i am so sorry. few month before i want to register for shopee and turn out i already have an account with this chinese man name and that man is waiting for his product to be delivered. this is serious matter that involeved privacy and security. i will not lost my number again as i don't feel safe anymore.

Support

If somehow you've lost the phone number, kindly get back to us to check if you still can get the SIM card replacement for the same number or not. If the number is non-retrivable, immediately change the contact number for all the related business that you have with that number (ie:Facebook account, WhatsApp, bank etc).

Have a pleasant day!

I hope my answer helped you! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR if this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!