Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My phone number is someone else's number

Hi. I only registered this number yesterday and it was said that this number is available to be chosen. I choose this number but when I installed whatssap, there are numerous groups in my whatssap contact list and people who I didnt recognized started to message me. Also, my whatssap had send me verification code too many times which I didnt even ask. 

Re: My phone number is someone else's number

Community Manager

Nowadays it is normal for mobile numbers (especially prepaid) to be a recycled number due to the great number of subscribers. 

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements

How should I stop other user?

Community Manager

You cannot, but you can choose to notify them that you are a new owner of the number.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements

Valued Contributor

if you are in the whatsapp group, cant you just leave the group!

Fyi, I already left the group but other people keep messaging. I've blocked few people since yesterday. Sometimes my whatssap keep popping out the security code when you first registered. That is such a hassle dont you think?