Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Digi always no service in singapore

[ Edited ]

Hi, why my digi always show no service in singapore?

It is ok when i back to malaysia and even travel to australia, nothing to do with reboot your phone, take out and insert again the sim card...all i tried, and it is ok when i back to malaysia and travel oversea, i no need to reboot my phone.

I tried contact digi support centre via live chat, firstly it say will call me back within 72 hours, i waited, but no call received.

I contact digi again, he say digi cannot call an oversea (singapore) number. Of course you cannot call my digi number, it is no service!

I said i will back to malaysia tomorrow, but digi say cannot promise will call by tomorrow, it is another 72hours to waited.

Digi, u know, i cannot use my credit card and online banking service because of this problem, i cannot received all tac code.

I saw many ppl face the same problem like me in this community, please do not reply "after check, no problem with your line" "You need to reload your line" "you may try to re insert your sim and reboot your phone" "activate you roaming service"

all i tried, please face and solve the problem, thank you very much!

Highlighted

Re: Digi always no service in singapore

Community Manager

@hlmilk15, the changes in Singapore recently is that they do not have 2G services anymore. Please make sure you're not using a 2G phone or second SIM slot on a dual SIM phone that usually supports only 2G.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements
Highlighted

@MrOctopusK Hi, my phone is not support only 2G, the case singpore change to 2G network  is not yesterday, my digi still working after that, this is not the reason.

Thanks you.

Highlighted

Community Manager

A dual SIM phone can only have one slot on 4G/3G and another on 2G. What if you just try switching your Digi SIM to SIM1 to replace your Singtel temporarily? Don't forget to turn off mobile data first.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Hi, a big disapointed for digi, my phone is ok as my digi can be used after singapore announced no more 2G network, is nothing to do with sim1, sim2 slot as vivo is treat two slot equally, somemore, digi is always insert as sim1 slot.

My phone can connect to starhub when i am in checkpoint, after 5min away from checkpoint, the signal disapear.

It also can connect to starhub when i travel to punggol area.

I tried contact digi many times (i call customer service more than 6times), only 1 time officer call back - Amy, ask me to set my sim card to "3G only", ok, i tried. But it doesn't work (As I know, this setting only applicable to data connection, pls show ur professional on network ok?) she claimed that i can contact her back via digi hotline, i called and wait for transfer and transfer, finally the another officer said he cannot transfer me to Amy.

Ok, i load another report and ask Amy to email me back. I do leave my singapore number (Ofcorse you cannot call my malaysia number as it is "no service") but no respond until i need to call customer service again and repeat my problem again and again with the officer and answer same questions from the customer officer.

I am really tired for all of these, somemore my credit card and online banking cannot function as i cannot received TAC code for my digi number.

Add on for the phone problem: I switch the phone with my friend, his digi is well function in singapore (0172899446, mine 0126769361, both is digi prepaid, is it my package problem? - digi smart prepid MNP), but i not sure what happen to my digi number, when i change my sim card into his phone, my digi no service also. So, that's nothing to do with phone model, sim1/sim2 slot.

I use digi many years, services are good, but this time, really disapointed.

Please assist me , I just wanna to solve this problem. Switch to another service provider is the last choice for me.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Community Manager

@hlmilk15, for all dual SIM phones currently, the phone can only do one of the slot with 3G/4G. The other slot must be 2G. This means that there is no chance to use your SIngapore SIM card simultaneously with Digi SIM now even with the latest phone like Samsung S8.

However it is surprising that you can put it in your friend's phone that can work with his prepaid but not yours. Kindly contact one of our community support to check that your account is still active and has enough credit for roaming (min RM10). http://community.digi.com.my/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user?q=support

Highlighted

hi, that's some point i need to highlight
1. i use digi in singapore already 1 year, my digi still can connect to local network such as starhub even is expired, so as my friend who is just beside me, his digi prepaid is expired on 31 may 2017, but still can connect.
2. connect to local network is not roaming, my digi still can connect even thought is leave rm0.23 in accounts and expired, so do my friend.
3. my digi cannot connect to local network since last month, is already long time singapore announced no more 2g network.
4. after i pass singapore custom, how i reload as all my online banking and credit card cannot use, plus this is totally not the reason.
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@hlmilk15, when you mean local network, do you mean that you're not able to use the Digi number when you are back to Malaysia? When you're in Singapore with your Digi SIM card, it is roaming.

I believe our support is communicating with you already. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hi hlmilk15,

I experienced the same problem as you i.e. I could previously roam in Singapore but had not been able to for the past few months.

I discovered the problem was caused by the fact that Singapore does not have 2G service anymore and the way my phone implemented 4G over dual SIM slots (I use a Xiaomi).

My phone only has 1x 4G antenna so I have to choose either SIM1 or SIM2 to provide the mobile data connection. So for example if my Digi SIM is in SIM1, I have a Singtel SIM in SIM2 and I choose to use the Singtel SIM to provide the data connection, the Digi SIM in SIM1 will switch bands to become 2G. But since Singapore no longer has 2G service since 1 Apr 17, whichever SIM that is NOT providing the phone's data connection will show "No Service".

I am not sure which phone brand you are using but if it is dual SIM, it is likely a Chinese brand like mine. I am also guessing they used the same method in implementing 4G data service over dual SIM slots. You may want to try setting your data connection to your Digi SIM slot and wait a while to see if it starts to roam. After doing so for my phone, my Digi is finally roaming again.

@hlmilk15 wrote:

Hi, why my digi always show no service in singapore?

It is ok when i back to malaysia and even travel to australia, nothing to do with reboot your phone, take out and insert again the sim card...all i tried, and it is ok when i back to malaysia and travel oversea, i no need to reboot my phone.

I tried contact digi support centre via live chat, firstly it say will call me back within 72 hours, i waited, but no call received.

I contact digi again, he say digi cannot call an oversea (singapore) number. Of course you cannot call my digi number, it is no service!

I said i will back to malaysia tomorrow, but digi say cannot promise will call by tomorrow, it is another 72hours to waited.

Digi, u know, i cannot use my credit card and online banking service because of this problem, i cannot received all tac code.

I saw many ppl face the same problem like me in this community, please do not reply "after check, no problem with your line" "You need to reload your line" "you may try to re insert your sim and reboot your phone" "activate you roaming service"

all i tried, please face and solve the problem, thank you very much!

Highlighted

Super Contributor

Since 2 months ago in May, if not earlier, there are already dual-SIM phones around that are 4G+3G-capable. That is, one can set SIM Slot 1 to 4G, then Slot 2 to 3G, in Singapore and have both lines active.

I've since April/May been using dual-SIM phones like Samsung Galaxy A5 2017, A7 2017, and A9 Pro, with all SIM cards active at all times. I'm pretty sure the S8 already has such a capability.

If users with dual-SIM phones that are 4G+3G-capable, with working SIM cards,  and have the correct network settings, yet cannot connect to Starhub network, I can only think of 2 possibilities:

1) Starhub network isn't fantastic in the first place, so there's a possibility that connection is weak at said area/s.

2) From experience, the possibility of higher-end phone models getting quicker/stronger network connection is higher than lower-end/specs ones.

Please note that above points are just possibilities that I'm sharing, may not apply to all users.