Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Re: DATA SERVICE

Community Manager

@bloznfs wrote:

I have the same problem too. I hope you can refund me as soon as possible. I dont even know how much DiGi has cheated me on this. I dont even have proof to ask for refund!!

How can DiGi do this? It is very troublesome for customer to go through the hassle to claim for refund.

More importantly looks like Digi mindset/strategy here is to deduct our money quietly and hope/PRAY majority of us dont bother to check our credit!

From the records of your itemized statement in MyDigi, you can check which are the months that are affecting you.

Digi does not strategize to fraudantly take credits away. Some phones seems to be expecting VoLTE services on a LTE network, and it transmits small bytes regardless whether mobile data is turned on. 

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements
Highlighted

Is there a way to prevent this?

Highlighted

Community Manager

@bloznfs, use 2G/3G when you are not on any internet subscription. LTE brings no benefit when not using internet anyway. Otherwise, turn off Pay-As-You-Use internet capabiltiy for the prepaid account by calling Helpline.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements
Highlighted

I'm facing the same problem. Called up to helpline but very unsatisfied with the explaination. I'm using wifi and i do not on my mobile data. Then here comes the LOCATION in the picture.

"You will automatically be charged on your mobile data if you on your location even though you do not on your mobile data. This is how smart phone works, this is how digi works!"

WHAT?!!!

Later I checked my usage on myDigi and i'm sure i did not on my location on that particulary day. The time i was charged RM0.50 repeatedly was the time i left my hp at home untouched.

This charging started since last month 15th May 2016 when i bought a new phone and replaced a new nano sim card.and it's already charged me  about rm60 now.

Look at how many times I'd be charged for ONE day:

05/06/2016 00:26data service 0.00 MBRM 0.50
05/06/2016 12:25data service 0.00 MBRM 0.50
05/06/2016 13:18data service 0.00 MBRM 0.50
05/06/2016 13:47data service 0.00 MBRM 0.50
05/06/2016 14:14data service 0.00 MBRM 0.50
05/06/2016 15:37data service 0.00 MBRM 0.50
05/06/2016 18:32data service 0.00 MBRM 0.50
05/06/2016 19:59data service 0.01 MBRM 0.50
05/06/2016 22:35data service 0.00 MBRM 0.50
05/06/2016 22:36data service 0.00 MBRM 0.50
05/06/2016 23:36data service 0.00 MBRM 0.50
06/06/2016 14:01data service 0.00 MBRM 0.50
Highlighted

Forgot to mention, I DID NOT subscribe to any internet package. This has been confirmed by the helpline.

However, digi had activated STOP INTERNET and I do not understand what is the logic behind this.

Highlighted

Community Manager

@jan wrote:

Forgot to mention, I DID NOT subscribe to any internet package. This has been confirmed by the helpline.

However, digi had activated STOP INTERNET and I do not understand what is the logic behind this.

Some LTE phones are unable to control itself from transmitting small data packets even when mobile data is off. This is likely due to its anticipation to use VoLTE.

So, doing STOP INTERNET will shut down pay-as-you-use internet from your account so that you do not get charged by unexpected usage from your phone. If you need internet, then you will have to subscribe to an internet subscription.

Highlighted

How is that my problem?

How is that "pay-as-you-use" applied to me when i'm not even using it?

This is very unfair to me.

Highlighted

I'm sad that I can only get back 50% of the credit I lost. Feel like being robbed. It's obviously error in your system. I did not on my mobile data and usage showing 0mb and your system is incapable to filter that out. Now you blame it's the phone latest technology problem. You also did not get my consent before charging. This is unacceptable!

Highlighted

Digi just want to cheat money. Imagine how many customers facing this problem?

1 million customer x RM10 is RM10 million cheated money!

Highlighted

Support

Hi bloznfs,

Please PM us your full name and mobile number (https://goo.gl/SxGJMl ) for further clarification. TQ.