Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Change Prepaid Number's Ownership.

Hello Digi I've been using this number since long time ago, but it is not registered under my name, its under my friend's name and she is MIA right nowSmiley Frustrated.

My question is, can I change this simcard's ownership into my name? Obviously I dont have any details about the past owner since I cannot contact her now. Is there anything I can do for the verification process?

Please assist  me in solving this problem because I really have to use the number. The number was tied with all my business and bank activities.

Thanks

Highlighted

Re: Change Prepaid Number's Ownership.

Super Contributor

We understand your situation Smiley Sad. However, due to verification purpose and security reason, both parties have to present at the same counter in our Digi Store for the transfer of ownership. Thanks. 

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply. What if the other party (the previous owner) have already passed away?

Highlighted

Support

In that situation Adz, you need to bring along below documents to the Digi Store.
- Physical SIM Card
- New owner's IC or Passport
- The original and a photocopy of current owner's death certificate.
- You will be asked few simple questions to verify that you did use the number.

Check the nearest location <here>, and filter for Digi Store only k. TQ

Have a pleasant day!

I hope my answer helped you! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR if this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!
Highlighted

My Prepaid Number was registered under my Sister-in-law who has passed away. She is a Singaporean so it is unlikely that I can take the original death cert to change the registration under my name.  Can Digi accept just the photocopy of the death cert?