Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

What is VAS 36686?

I was charged for VAS 36686, for 15 times total RM75. Can someone please explain  what does VAS 36686 means?  I never agree or subsribe to VAS 36686. This is not friendly to elderly users who is not familiar with all these VAS. If possible please STOP these VAS so thjat it does not burn your customers hard earn money. By the way, I don't see similar thing happen to Maxis/Celcom's users. Can DIGI please look into this and make improvement/solution to this matter? Looking into your kind reply.  

Highlighted

Re: What is VAS 36686?

Contributor
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@blue wrote:

I was charged for VAS 36686, for 15 times total RM75. Can someone please explain  what does VAS 36686 means?  I never agree or subsribe to VAS 36686. This is not friendly to elderly users who is not familiar with all these VAS. If possible please STOP these VAS so thjat it does not burn your customers hard earn money. By the way, I don't see similar thing happen to Maxis/Celcom's users. Can DIGI please look into this and make improvement/solution to this matter? Looking into your kind reply.  

@blue, SMS from 36686 is a third party service. One could have accidentally subscribed to these service through website/app pop up advertisements by just a click. To stop the charges, reply STOP ALL to the number. 

You may see a Helpline number from the SMS. Calling that number will connect you to the third party service company, which you may try to request for refund.

Digi will be making its effort to improve this matter.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Hi @MrOctopusK,

Thanks for replying. However I am sorry to say that this is NOT helpful at all. This is because the user of this number is my dad who is  a senior citizen and he is not familiar with the digital world.  I am filing in this complain on behalf of my dad. 

Now it was VAS 36686 and who knows weeks later what will be coming in again? It seems I am not the only person, even tech savy youngster had got into this trouble with DIGI "VAS" charges.  I believe DIGI has to pro-actively take the effor and stop all these third party charges until new mechanism in place.

I do not wish to have another new "VAS" charges to my bill, and I seriously think DIGI has to do something ASAP to assist your customers! 

I sincerely urge DIGI to take your royal customer's input seriously and  stop all these third party charges (so called VAS) which is taking away our hard earn money for nothing until DIGI has a new mechanism in place. 

http://community.digi.com.my/t5/Postpaid/Digi-pls-stop-third-party-charges-until-new-mechanism-in-pl...

Highlighted

Support

Hi blue,

Please PM us via https://goo.gl/SxGJMl with your number and full name for further checking. TQ.