Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Unlimited social for WeChat and WhatApps not really "unlimited"

Okay, when I first saw the Unlimited Social that announced by Digi, I found that it was awesome. (Because I can call my friends using data with WeChat or WhatAops)
Beginning few months of using the Unlimited Social supported apps to voice or video call my friends, and it drain nothing to my Quota. 

Just realize when this month I used to call my friends using WeChat, it drained my quota... 

After that, I called to Digi service center, and see what they reply me? 

"The Unlimited Social for WeChat and WhatApps, we only give user unlimited voice and text messaging only...."

"So what is the "Unlimited" meaning when it is not really that unlimited."- I asked

"hmmm... but our unlimited social only free data usage for text and voice messaging only."-Digi replied.

Let's think like this, for instance, I said I give you unlimited foods for everymonth, however, you can't choose to eat all kind of foods, and I will provide you only unlimited roti canai.

Do you see the meaning of "Unlimited Social" now?

Well, I'm not sure do you feel the same as I, but think again what is Unlimited Socail meaning now. 

Re: Unlimited social for WeChat and WhatApps not really "unlimited"

Contributor

The definition of Unlimited WhatsApp and WeChat is when your monthly quota is exhausted, your Internet access will be restricted. However, you can still continue to use your Social Messaging app like WhatsApp, however I believe it is also at a capped speed.

Perhaps Digi can include this in the FAQ to make it clearer that WhatsApp and WeChat usage will still deplete your monthly quota, however you will still remain connected on this messaging apps after monthly quota is exhausted.

This is what exactly I cannot admit with. The words Unlimited Social for WeChat and WhatApps making people thinking that it's really Unlimited.

What you're trying to explain, must broadcast to the society with more details, like:

"You'll still able to use your WeChat and WhatApps after your quota exhausted."
but not explaining as "Unlimited".  

At first, when me and my friends saw Digi came outs with this plan(stated Unlimited Social for WeChat and WhatApps), we immediately upgrade and subscribe it. Due to our understanding we will feel confuse and think that it is Unlimited to be used even voice  and video calls using WeChat and WhatApps.

This make me and everyone in the society confused. And as a loyal Digi Customer I feel dissapointed with the explaination above. 

Community Manager

Hi @Timb, I understand your frustration but our FAQ does state that voice/video calls are not included in our Free Social feature in Prepaid. Smiley Sad

Free Social FAQ.PNG

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Yes, but that one you screenshot is SMART FREE. 

I was mentioning that the Unlimited Social for postpaid user. 

Screenshot_7.jpg

If Digi can stated SMART FREE at postpaid at earlier stage, it wouldn't confuse user.

Please understand that, what really "Unlimited Social" meaning and what Digi trying to do correction about their statement. If it is not 100% Unlimited, please do not make user confuse. 

For instance, Unlimited calls to all networks, which as per user understanding that means Unlimited calls to all Local telco. And there wouldn't be any hidden claus, hence it so called Unlimited. 

[ Edited ]
SuperUser

this is from Postpaid FAQ with mention of messaging unlimitedly.

digi_unlimited.JPG

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

SuperUser

link can be found here:

http://new.digi.com.my/cs/Satellite/ecomm_C/faq_group/default/dg_smart_plan

just click on the pull down menu (View FAQs for) and choose:  Unlimited Wechat and Whatsapp

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

Hi there, i was shokced when I see that my data balance is 30+gb more. And i checked detail it is for the social one.

My question or I would like to hear DIGI's suggestioms, what can do with that 30gb data for social?

Pr maybe other users hava any suggestions.

Thx

Community Manager

@wanshah875 wrote:
Hi there, i was shokced when I see that my data balance is 30+gb more. And i checked detail it is for the social one.

My question or I would like to hear DIGI's suggestioms, what can do with that 30gb data for social?

Pr maybe other users hava any suggestions.

Thx

Well, you can keep texting your friends. 30GB worth of chatting will be lots of fun. Smiley Very Happy

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Dont trust digi Unlimited, theres is no unlimited in digi internet service. I wonder why gov do nothing bout this tricky service? Ody try to complain to skmm and seems theres no solution to control such this thing in future. Simple words, its cheating