Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unfair Package discrimination

It is very unfair for those who signed a package with RM108 (300mins free call / 5GB internet) or RM138(unlimited free call / 8GB internet), I remembered there is a package released a while after this package which offers cheaper price than what we get, until recently the RM75 package with unlimited free call & 7GB internet, I feel like being scammed by DiGi, where:

1. We pay RM108 for 5GB internet and 300 mins Free call , but now RM75 package offering better benefit but with at 30% cheaper price.

2. I believe it is a necessary action to compete with other competitors, but kept on offering cheaper price is unfair for those who signed up early, I am just signed up RM108/month package 2 months before the previous offer, and now coming another better offer.

Re: Unfair Package discrimination

Hi, just my personal opinion as i have been in cooperate for close to 20 years.

Bundle package offers some goodies and in your case i believe a brand new phone is in the package. Digi is a company that need to make money and offering of cheaper phone and yet giving a good data plan package that seems losing money to me.

I signed up phone package b4 but telco offer change plan with a penalty of rm200 (there is a pro rate i believe thus less than rm200) Fair enough to me cos as consumer, we took the phone and before the contract ends, we need to pay penalty to enjoy a cheaper plan.

Lastly, this is the market about product and services and there are lots more but we cannot say it is a scam.
for example, Toyota Camry selling at 100k+ 5 years ago. Now also same price but with better look and improved performance.
as for day to day example, last month we buy supermarket stuff at normal price and this month same product offering at 30% off. Scam????

I am sure if Digi product is a scam, i am sure you can lodge a report to relevant authorities.... but i am sure IT IS JUST A PRODUCT OR SERVICE OFFERING WITH LIMITED TIME.

just my 2 cents

SuperUser

@tzekang wrote:

It is very unfair for those who signed a package with RM108 (300mins free call / 5GB internet) or RM138(unlimited free call / 8GB internet), I remembered there is a package released a while after this package which offers cheaper price than what we get, until recently the RM75 package with unlimited free call & 7GB internet, I feel like being scammed by DiGi, where:

1. We pay RM108 for 5GB internet and 300 mins Free call , but now RM75 package offering better benefit but with at 30% cheaper price.

2. I believe it is a necessary action to compete with other competitors, but kept on offering cheaper price is unfair for those who signed up early, I am just signed up RM108/month package 2 months before the previous offer, and now coming another better offer.

usually there is no contract period unless one has also signed up under the device bundle package, in which case, it's quite fair since device is being subsidized.

If this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy

Yes if it offered a better benefit for us but one thing you have to bear in mind, we switch to DiGi is not because of the phone bundle but because of the service & pricing, but now we getting less benefit (it is not equal) but pay higher (RM108 is only the package without any other bundle), RM108 for 300 minutes FREE call & 300 SMS & 5GB internet, Comparing with RM75 with UNLIMITED calls & 7GB internet, would you think it is over? 

According to your example, Toyota Camry offering new model with new spec but never offers 30% of price, and Toyota Camry never tied you 2 years for switching to new model. Of course you may have promo price, but bear in mind, according to your example, 30% off during promo period, but you still get the same price, but are you buying a cabbage with 30% off and still get extra 30% weight? No you didn't.

As what I mentioned, yes, communication industry is very competitive nowadays, but DiGi is currently attracting more new customer rather than retain existing customer, I am here not asking for any compensation or wish to change the plan.

SuperUser

@tzekang wrote:

Yes if it offered a better benefit for us but one thing you have to bear in mind, we switch to DiGi is not because of the phone bundle but because of the service & pricing, but now we getting less benefit (it is not equal) but pay higher (RM108 is only the package without any other bundle), RM108 for 300 minutes FREE call & 300 SMS & 5GB internet, Comparing with RM75 with UNLIMITED calls & 7GB internet, would you think it is over? 

According to your example, Toyota Camry offering new model with new spec but never offers 30% of price, and Toyota Camry never tied you 2 years for switching to new model. Of course you may have promo price, but bear in mind, according to your example, 30% off during promo period, but you still get the same price, but are you buying a cabbage with 30% off and still get extra 30% weight? No you didn't.

As what I mentioned, yes, communication industry is very competitive nowadays, but DiGi is currently attracting more new customer rather than retain existing customer, I am here not asking for any compensation or wish to change the plan.

if you don't have a device bundle, then usually there is not contract and you can switch to the new plan anytime.

however, if your plan came with a contract, then I guess we must undestand that somehow, somewhere, the 'cost of the device' needs to be included somewhere.

hopefully we will see even more and better plans coming our way.

lastly, you can always ask one of the Digi CS ppl to calculate cost of early termination/ plan change... see what they have to say. after all, "asking is free".

good luck! Smiley Happy

If this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy

Bro, really understand what you mean.

I am not sure about you and i have use mobile phone for close to 30 years. At that time,
1. Phones are expensive.
2. No sim card yet.
3. No sms and even sms came into picture u can only sms within the same telco.
4. You can switch to telco and retain your number.
5. Etc etc.

My point is all the above no longer hold and now it is the power of consumer in telecommunication.

If im not happy using Toyota, i go for honda and no point bragging.

If you think digi is not fair and other telco is offering better, by all means.......

I switch from other telco to Digi because of the call charges are cheaper but it has cons too.
If Digi raise the charges and i will go.

Don get upset bro, i agree wit the other brother, go see them face to face and see what they can do for you.

Cheers

Yes..... 1 more last thing just my opinion.

I am sure Digi is trying to retain their existing customer and i am very sure this is 1 of their KPI.
If they don, all the new plan like the rm75 for 7gb will not be offered to their existing customers.

To share with you, i left Maxis cos the charges is bloody high. Package are no good but after switching to Digi, my bill stable down.

Not only that, i never sign up any phone package any more.
dec 2015 i switch to rm65 cos i am holding a very old plan. I didnt complain to Digi as i am paying more BUT I TOLD MYSELF DIGI OFFERING is better now and NOT their old plan is expensive..

Last 2 days i change to rm75 plan and again i say they are having promotion and NOT their rm65 plan sucks.

Pay the penalty and get the rm75 plan.
You might feel the pinch for few day BUT you WILL BE ENJOYING SURFING WITH 7GB FOR THE COMING 1 YEAR.

Community Manager

@tzekang wrote:

Everyday technology would be cheaper and more accessible to public. Just imagine this, one day, those who subscribed the RM75 plan for 7GB, might also comment that the future plans are even better deal than theirs. I think on the broad view of things, any progress that benefits majority is good.

I hope you can enjoy your phone bundle plan. If you need more quota, you can consider to take up another 7GB plan so that you get really lots of quota plus you get to enjoy the promo Smiley Happy

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotions