Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Unauthorised third party charges on my mobile bill

[ Edited ]

I think DIGI have to look into this, there is soo many people complaining about this mobipay which is auto subscribe to our phone . We have to pay it blindly. Even customer service also knew about this problem. which means ...the complain is piling up. 

Can't DIGI just stop the short code from sending any SMS to DIGI subscriber ? I don't see this happening with other provider. Searching on google with the keyword "Direct billing for Mobipay" the top result came out only DIGI . I didn't even see other carrier on the list. Something is definately wrong with the SMS server. 

Browsing through the discussion here...it seems that there is people who successfulyl send a STOP ALL but will receive the subscription again. And DIGI is well inform about this i can see. Why can't DIGI do something about this.

Just found out from one of my friend who is also DIGI subscriber. He receive the same damm thing, but its through the short code 20000. . So....DIGI...any comment ?

Support

Hi StevenChan,

Pertaining to your inquiry related to the charges from Mobipay, this brings to the meaning that there has been a purchase for games from your device via Mobipay. If you would like to know the details pertaining to the charges, we may give you a link for you to make the direct inquiry to Mobipay.

For your inquiry the details of the transaction from Mobipay, you may check via:-

1.            Call center (Helpdesk): 1800 816 560 (IVR for out of hours, dual language selection; Malay and English.

2.            Customer Care Emails:

•             help-my@nolimitsgames.com (for NoLimitsGames)

•             help-my@mlove.club (for mLove)

Highlighted

I am being charged for 4 times a month since   Oct 2016. This is so riciduluos that Digi allowing these third party to charged us for nothing.. 

How can Digi say is out of their control whereas the final amount to be paid is paid to Digi via our monthly billing????Lucky thing i go through my bill now for last Dec16 otherwise i woulnt know that i am being  charged like a fool .

All Digi users should post and go viral on all social medias. 

The Mobipay is a **bleep** scam and  keep on wants you to click on a link via your mobile. I doubt if there are intending to retrieve some personal data from your phone. Even you want to unsubscribe via website on dekstop, still will want to send the unsubscribe link to mobile to click on. 

Everyone please be extra careful.

Support

Hi Lkinn,

Pertaining to your inquiry related to the charges from Mobipay, this brings to the meaning that there has been a purchase for games from your device via Mobipay. If you would like to know the details pertaining to the charges, we may give you a link for you to make the direct inquiry to Mobipay.

For your inquiry the details of the transaction from Mobipay, you may check via:-

1.            Call center (Helpdesk): 1800 816 560 (IVR for out of hours, dual language selection; Malay and English.

Thanks.

Contributor

Stop giving us the same answer because the answer doesn't help to stop this issue.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/upset-customer-stormed-hq-digi-says-amicable-feedback-073400526.html

The above likely to happen in more of your stores if this continues. 

The billing goes through Digi, so many of us suspect Digi gets a cut as well.

With current technology, Digi can easily send SMS to customer to confirm subscription to any service that is billed through Digi. If customer replies Y, then go ahead and charge. Don't tell us this cannot be done.

SuperUser

just sharing what i understand...

some websites are really malicious. they have "codes" or scripts that can actually extract a lot of information from your phone/ laptop.

some of these websites may also have very annoying and malicious pop up that claim you have virus infection and click on the ad to remove the virus. some are so bad that they even show telco logos, etc... when you click on these ads, somehow, you end up getting signed up for such services...

usually, "dodgy websites" like those streaming pirated movies and tv series, torrent sites and illegal download sites are usually the ones with these kind of ads. oh ya... **bleep** websites too. 

there are times that some legit sites that display ads may also show you such malicious ads. i've seen that happen on LowYat.net.

best thing to do is to be a smart user. our smart phones need us to me smart owners and users. Smiley Happy

do check your bills and if you see something suspicious, call the telco immediately. 

for Digi, good to install the myDigi apps. it allows you to monitor your usage quite easily.

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

Unfortunately, I' m of the lastest victims here.

How come this could be happened to my sub line???

I've been using Digi for so many years yet I dint received any ridiculous charges before.

This is my new sub line then 2nd months I get a nonsense charges on my bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12/12/2016 14:46:41 Direct Billing for Mobipay 5.98

19/12/2016 11:18:06 Direct Billing for Mobipay 5.98

26/12/2016 11:18:04 Direct Billing for Mobipay 5.98

02/01/2017 11:19:26 Direct Billing for Mobipay 5.98

Community Manager

@siong612, reply STOP ALL to the SMS. Digi is now blocking a series of known third party SMS service number. Contact Digi customer service for further investigation or assistance.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Support

Hi siong612,