Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SMS Oversea

I am going to Macau soon and this would be a long trip. Would like to check whether if at macau,
1) Do i need to on roaming to receive SMS?
2)How is the rate like if I dont call and use data oversea but only use SMS? Do i still being charged the roaming fee hourly/daily?
3) In the digi homepage, is it indicated that RM0.99/SMS, is this refering to sending SMS or receiving SMS?
4) if  i am about to receive sms from bank(TAC), am i being charged item 3 and item 4 together?

Re: SMS Oversea

Community Manager

1. Yes, you need roaming activated to be able to receive SMS in Macau. 

2. If you do not use calls, voicemail and have turned off mobile data and LTE, there will  be no charge just to roam your phone in the foreign network.

3. No charge for receiving SMS while roaming. There will be roaming rate charges for sending SMS, making and receiving calls, using data and diverting calls to voicemail/missed call alerts.

4. No charge for receiving TAC SMS.

Enjoy your trip. One of the tips to reduce roaming usage is to deactivate your voicemail and missed call alerts, so that you do not get charged for rejecting calls while roaming.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Contributor

Do your phone can use WiFi calling and receiving sms?

Contributor

Hi, how about at Thaniland? Free receiving sms too? Tq

Ambassador plan has free roaming like home? If no, how to subscribe and use? Fees? How to unsubscribe ? And precaution steps to avoid hidden charges?

thank you

Community Manager

@DigiFanChan wrote:

Hi, how about at Thaniland? Free receiving sms too? Tq

Ambassador plan has free roaming like home? If no, how to subscribe and use? Fees? How to unsubscribe ? And precaution steps to avoid hidden charges?

thank you

Receiving SMS when roaming is free.

Not all ambassador plan have roam like home. You may read the list of eligible plans from FAQ point #7 http://new.digi.com.my/roaming/roam-like-home-monthly

As a tips, disable missed call alerts and voicemail before you go roaming. Read the FAQ of Roam Like Home or Roaming Pass carefully, as some services need your phone to set manually to specific foreign telco. http://new.digi.com.my/roaming?p=1403295595899

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Hi,

is it possible to activate my roaming while im ady in overseas?

Support

Hi ChewChin. We can assist you with that. Could you PM (inbox) us your mobile number here: https://goo.gl/ztUhcG for further checking? Thanks.