Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Roaming postpaid

I have my Digi postpaid roaming, since previously I was using prepaid and it was difficult to maintain reloading every month to ensure the line is active. I am aware that I will be charged if I make phone calls, send texts and receive phone calls on the roaming number.

However nobody told me (I dealt with Digi staffs before leaving Malaysia) that I will also be charged on voicemails. And I never requested to activate my voicemail, ever. I addressed this concern through Digi online chat when I realized that my number was barred and requested my bill to be revised. I was told to wait for two days for them to call me back but they never did! (the person even assured me that I will be able to receive SMS for bill payment through online banking when my number is barred, but that was a blatant lie!) And actually I refused to pay these charges but I HAD to or my number will be barred again. 

Sorry Digi, I have been loyal to you since 2002 and I have never been this angry with your services. Please look into this matter and I would like to demand for a refund, if possible.Thank you.

Re: Roaming postpaid

Contributor
Feeling sorry on your case. Sharing my trick to saves cost and make other people in Malaysia easy to reach you without changing your phone number.

*For them who use only smartphone and dealing with people use smartphone can skip . These ideas might be useful for people use smartphone phone and dealing with people who use feature phone only.

Before I travelling oversea early this year, I do a "study" at Digi Community.

Found that we must turn off Voice Mail (be safe must call Digi helpline to deactivate Voice Mail), or u might get charges if u received a voice mail.

If you use iPhone (check at u mobile website for latest phone that can support Wifi Calling)

Digi didn't have Wifi Calling feature (Digi will launch Wifi Calling soon). But I need my family to reach me without any trouble at saver cost. I don't want purchase oversea SIM card , and keep my phone number always in online.

What I do is I purchase a umobile prepaid SIM card , and replace my Digi SIM card (activate call forward feature to your u mobile number first before change SIM card ). *remember to keep your Digi SIM Card safely to put it back after return Malaysia.

After install U mobile SIM card , please turn on or enable wifi calling at the setting before you fly oversea.

At the oversea, u just need to connected to any wifi (or you can Rent a WiFi egg/devices ). Then u can make call at Malaysia rate, your friend and family easy to reach u too.

For more detail detail kindly search umobile wifi calling at google.

Digi will have these wifi calling feature soon, so it will be more easier in future, you don't need to change SIM card when you visit oversea. You may keep update here.

*For them who use only smartphone and dealing with people use smartphone can skip . These ideas might be useful for people use smartphone phone and dealing with people who use feature phone only.

Contributor
U may purchase WeChat credit to make call back to Malaysia at lower rate too. ( purchase a local (country u have visit) SIM card if there is cheap, depend on which country u visit).

Hi
Thanks for taking your time to reply.
I dont intend to use the number for receiving calls or such since I have my local number here, its just used mainly for receiving SMS for online banking authentication since not all Malaysian bank accept foreign mobile numbers.

I'm just not happy the fact that Digi just let customers pay hundreds for unwanted service. They told me that I can negotiate about my bills but never get in touch. Smiley Sad

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@dmiza, do you have the case ID for your complain? You can reach us through Live Chat or PM our community support (http://community.digi.com.my/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user?q=support) to get update for your case. 

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements