Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Roam LIke Home RM30 - autorenew was not made clear - refund me

I subscribed to Roam like Home but you didn't make clear auto-renew  every month. 4 days into this month I've deactivated it. Refund my RM30. thanks.

Re: Roam LIke Home RM30 - autorenew was not made clear - refund me

Community Manager

@vanguard wrote:

I subscribed to Roam like Home but you didn't make clear auto-renew  every month. 4 days into this month I've deactivated it. Refund my RM30. thanks.

@vanguard, these information are placed on the website for Roam Like Home:

Roam Like Home Monthly is a monthly recurring package and it is automatically renewed by bill cycle of your Postpaid Plan. The standard validity of Roam Like Home Monthly is from start date 00:00am till end date 23:59pm of your bill cycle, Malaysia time. If the subscription is done anytime within the bill cycle, the validity of Roam Like Home Monthly will be starts from the time of subscription.

http://new.digi.com.my/roaming/roam-like-home-monthly

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

DIGI please reply my case!!!

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT 1999 refers.

For the purposes of this section, an indication given to a consumer is misleading as to a price or a method of determining a price if what is conveyed by the indication, or what the consumer may reasonably be expected to infer from the indication or any omission from it, includes any of the following: (a) that the price or method is not what in fact it is; (b) that the applicability of the price or method does not depend on facts or circumstances on which it does in fact depend; (c) that the price covers or the method takes into account matters in respect of which an additional charge is in fact made; (d) that a person who in fact has no such expectation, expects— (i) the price to be increased or reduced, whether or not at a particular time or by a particular amount; (ii) the price, or the price as increased or reduced, as the case may be, to be maintained, whether or not for a particular period; (iii) the method to be altered, whether or not at a particular time or in a particular respect; or (iv) the method or the method as altered, as the case may be, to remain unaltered, whether or not for a particular period;

Where the consumer has paid the supplier more money than the supplier is entitled to charge under paragraph (2)(a), (b) or (c), the supplier shall refund the extra payment or make a refund available, within fourteen days of cancellation. (4) A cancellation of a future services contract shall take effect— (a) at the time at which the cancellation is communicated to the supplier; 

A consumer who cancels a future services contract may be charged by the supplier the following amount: (a) five percent of the full contract price; (b) the cost of any goods the consumer used or is keeping; or (c) the portion of the full contract price representing services received by the consumer.

You used misleading hidden fine print and was not made clear when  I  subscribed in the first place.  Digi did not at any time say this was going to be auto-renewed. 

If no remedial action is taken, you will hear more from me soon. Good luck.

MCMC complaint made on misleading advertising, unfair representation.

Complaint ID:  0417-01-0000152-DIGI