Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Random and expensive 'international roaming dataservice' charges to postpaid bill

[ Edited ]

Dear Digi,

I have disabled data roaming on my phone, yet for the month of February and March I have been receiving this item in my itemised billing.

The charge happens at odd hours during the day and night, consuming less than 0.0 MB and giving me a RM0.36 charge everytime.

21/03/2016 19:05international roaming dataservice 0.00 MBRM 0.36
21/03/2016 19:36international roaming dataservice 0.00 MBRM 0.36
21/03/2016 20:07international roaming dataservice 0.00 MBRM 0.36
21/03/2016 20:11international roaming dataservice 0.00 MBRM 0.36
21/03/2016 21:08international roaming dataservice 0.00 MBRM 0.36
22/03/2016 11:10international roaming dataservice 0.00 MBRM 0.36

This results in multiple charges (sometimes 8 and 9 times a day for the entire February and most of March)

This problem did not happen in Jan, so I'd like to know what is this charges and how do I disable it?

In February this had cost me RM31.72 and in March till today my unbilled amount is RM59.40.

Re: Random and expensive 'international roaming dataservice' charges to postpaid bill

It looks like this is not a one-off case as others are complaining as well on here.

Dear Digi, please look into what is happening on your side. Having multiple people overseas complaining about this fradulant charges means that there is a problem with Digi and not with our phones!!!

Re: Random and expensive 'international roaming dataservice' charges to postpaid bill

I've faced same issued from DIGI too. I've been charged for Rm100++ from mid of January 16 until today. 

I went to DIGI centre, they unable to answer and solve the problem to me after i request waive off. And i tried to called CS hotline last week after i checked my current bill because the charges still keep going. The Digi CS staff told me that is their operater/server problem. Once we're oversea and connected to any WIFI device even our International/data roaming is off, the charges will appear. 

That doesn't make sence right? We can use free wifi when we oversea, but DIGI still bill us the "addtional" charge.

I been using DIGI over 10 years from Prepaid user till Postpaid user, but i did not get any reward/rebate from DIGI and they still bill the additional to me. That very funny!! 

I really hope this issue can be solve ASAP due to i do not want to call/go thru your DIGI centre every month to request waiver the additional charges.

Super Contributor

Why not just email or call them..?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi WilliamLiew,

Kindly email to help@digi.com.my with full details as below:

Subject title: Roaming data charges for  [your mobile number]

Owner Name:

Owner NRIC:

Month of unknown data charges:

Summary of your email:

I have pre-alert the specific team managing help@digi.com.my on this matter*.  However, they would require an official email from the account owner in order for them to investigate and perform refund to your account (if necessary).

Kindly visit http://new.digi.com.my/roaming/international-roaming-rates

Click on view FAQs for Postpaid International Roaming

Scroll down and read below avoid future occurances of the data charges.

2016-03-23 11_46_22-International Roaming Rates _ Digi - Let's Inspire.png

*Any other customers with same case scenario can follow the above method

Do PM me if you are not getting response within 3 days after you emailed to them.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Have a g8 day!

I hope my answer helped you! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR if this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Head on to Getting Started on top right of this page to read our Forum Do's & Don'ts http://community.digi.com.my/t5/custom/page/page-id/Getting-Started

Community Manager
Steff,

Please try use my recommended method in above post. Smiley Happy
Have a g8 day!

I hope my answer helped you! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR if this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Head on to Getting Started on top right of this page to read our Forum Do's & Don'ts http://community.digi.com.my/t5/custom/page/page-id/Getting-Started

Hi Jodipy,

I did as you asked, now waiting for reply from helpdesk.

If the solution is to use flight mode, then there isn't much of a point to use international roaming then, is it as the point of international roaming is to receive calls when you are overseas

I also highly doubt that it's the phone problem, as I have been in Singapore for over a year; these data charges started appearing only in February while I am using the exact same phone all these while.

Community Manager

@WilliamLiew, an easier alternative workaround could be to use 2G/3G network during the times where you do not intend to use the internet. Otherwise if for some reason you want to use 4G network even without using internet, Digi's FAQ in international roaming suggests to turn on and then turn off flight mode. This 'appllies' your state of mobile data being off in LTE mode.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Community Manager
Hi William,

Just to check if you have received any response from help@digi.com.my?
Have a g8 day!

I also experience the same issue.

I had been travel to Singapore every week and never experience this issue.

It all started in Feb and I still facing the same issue now. If Digi can't provide the solution and I pretty sure this is the Digi internal issue then we might need to switch to another telco then.