Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Please Stop 63660 Spam Messages

I have been receiving many unwanted SMS from 63660 shortcode. They are pure spam because they do not give a way to stop it, and I've not chosen to subscribe to such spam SMS.

The DiGi customer service staff told me she can help me stop all 6xxxx shortcodes so that includes all the Bank's TAC will be blocked for me... what is she thinking? Joking?

Really appreciate if anyone can tell me how to stop this specific 63660 shortcode.

Re: Please Stop 63660 Spam Messages

Community Manager

@super wrote:

I have been receiving many unwanted SMS from 63660 shortcode. They are pure spam because they do not give a way to stop it, and I've not chosen to subscribe to such spam SMS.

The DiGi customer service staff told me she can help me stop all 6xxxx shortcodes so that includes all the Bank's TAC will be blocked for me... what is she thinking? Joking?

Really appreciate if anyone can tell me how to stop this specific 63660 shortcode.

63660 is a common number used to distribute SMS. Unevitably, blocking it will also stop your ability to receive certain SMS including from bank's TAC and any companies that uses 63660.

I think you're not getting charged, so there may not be unsubscription option. You will need to identify the sender and get yourself removed based on their courtesy. 

Some devices have capability to block SMS from numbers and even certain message pattern/keyword. This would be easiest for now.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Does that mean Telco will not be responsible for allowing spam SMS be sent through its gateway? So I'd expect no action will be taken by the Telco?

Community Manager

@super, Digi does not own 63660 SMS channel. Similarly if your friend decides to send a lot of SMS to you, it would be your choice to block or ignore his SMS from your phone. 

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.
Highlighted

Ok, that explains. So my avenue is to try to complain to cfm against the owner/operator of 63660?

Community Manager

@super, yes, you can also try to report to SKMM.