Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Gadget Sim

Hi, 

I'm thinking of getting this Gadjet Sim but I have a few questions that I would like to ask before I move ahead with the plan.

1. Does the gadjet sim comes with a phone no?

2. I can use Whatsapp with this gadjet sim? And use the Whatsapp calls feature?

3. Can I use wifi calling with this gadjet sim? 

Hope someone is able to help.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Re: Gadget Sim

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

The gadget SIM still has MSISDN (number), but this SIM card cannot receive/make calls or deal with SMS/USSD. Hence, there is no point in knowing its number. Voice calls are not allowed, including VoLTE or VoWifi.

Whatsapp can operate by using data provided by the gadget SIM. However because it does not support SMS, you cannot create a new Whatsapp account based on gadget SIM's MSISDN.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements
Highlighted

Contributor
can I switch from gadget sim to digi supplementary family plan @RM 38?
Highlighted

Support

No, darylgoh87. You can only change to the Digi Postpaid 120 or above. Alternatively, sign up the Digi Postpaid Family (RM38/mth) with another new line. TQ 

Highlighted

Contributor
then can I maintain the number if terminate the gadget sim and sign up a new line with the existing gadget sim number?
Highlighted

Support

Unfortunately, can't ya, darylgoh87. You can choose the new number for any new sign up. TQ