Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Digi pls stop third party charges until new mechanism in place

Contributor

http://community.digi.com.my/t5/Postpaid/Unauthorised-third-party-charges-on-my-mobile-bill/m-p/2126...

Search thru the internet and Digi is the only telco with this issue, many customers get unexplained charges and we are sure many customers are unaware 

These charges are billed thru Digi, so we suspect Digi getting a cut as well.

pls don't give us the standard response which basically calling us stupid for not remembering what we clicked online many times a month, even if someone accidentally clicked, why Digi thinks that we are happy to pay RM 4 or RM 5 multiple times per month for services that most of us not even know what they are.

Be proactive and suspend these third party services and implement the mechanism mentioned in the link above.

i will wait for your response and decide if I should switch to other telco that doesn't have such issue. 

Re: Digi pls stop third party charges until new mechanism in place

I was charged for VAS 36686, for 15 times total RM75, and there are a few more counts that is unbilled yet. I never agree or subsribe to VAS 36686. 

http://community.digi.com.my/t5/Postpaid/What-is-VAS-36686/m-p/21260#M4790

Yes, I agree with laygan, and I sincerely urge DIGI to take your royal customer's input seriously and  stop all these third party charges (so called VAS) which is taking away our hard earn money for nothing until DIGI has a new mechanism in place. 

I am looking forward to your(DIGI) favourable reply ASAP.

Contributor
I think Digi should seriously upgrade their system , so their user can send STOP ALL SMS to stop all unwanted and unauthorised charges SMS services.

By the way, Digi should refund to the affected user after investigation if there are not their false.

Contributor

This is not a good mechanism because the culprits will find different numbers to send from 20000, 68838, 62338, etc. The best and fairest way is for DiGi to send a confirmation SMS requiring customer to response Y or N. This definitely can be done, it is a question as to whether DiGi wants to do it or not because DiGi is an accomplice in this scheme as DiGi earning commission.

With so many complaints about this issue, why DiGi continues to allow this third party provider to continue this practice on its network. It is all due to greed with no consideration for customers’ hard earned money.

The support team responding to us is not at fault as they are merely responding on DiGi’s company policy. I am sorry for them having to read all these complaints. It is about time the support team provides strong feedbacks directly to management about this issue. Discuss among yourself, quit as a team if the stubborn DiGi management doesn’t want to do anything about this issue.

Come on DiGi management, says something!

… or we need to resolve to the below to get some attention

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/upset-customer-stormed-hq-digi-says-amicable-feedback-073400526.html

Contributor

This news not in The Star or Sun Daily newspapers, so we need to use social media instead.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/upset-customer-stormed-hq-digi-says-amicable-feedback-073400526.html

Please check my comment for that article as I am sharing this issue online as well. Click Like and spread the news to your friends and family. 

DiGi MANAGEMENT MUST RESPOND!

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi laygan,

Digi already issued an official statement  for the post you mentioned for Digi Management to respond.

Have a g8 day!

I hope my answer helped you! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR if this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Head on to Getting Started on top right of this page to read our Forum Do's & Don'ts http://community.digi.com.my/t5/custom/page/page-id/Getting-Started

Contributor
What are you talking about? Read all the messages above. We want Digi to stop these third party charges and refund to all customers who have no idea why they getting these charges. Come on, don't close this case by giving such reply.

Is DiGi going to issue statement that all third party charges will be stopped immediately until further notice and improve the safeguard and be transparent?

Why is it so hard to send a confirmation SMS for customer to response yes or no before imposing the charges?

Stop treating us like fools.

Community Manager

Hi laygan,

We acknowledge your messages.  Actually, Digi did impose the confirmation of subscription, somehow the result was not as expected.  We will continue to monitor and improve our system performance to minimize occurrences to customer's account.

Have a g8 day!

I hope my answer helped you! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR if this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Head on to Getting Started on top right of this page to read our Forum Do's & Don'ts http://community.digi.com.my/t5/custom/page/page-id/Getting-Started

Contributor

Therefore DiGi is admitting that this continues to be a problem and can only monitor and minimize occurrences.

Oh my god, so no Digi customer can ever sleep peacefully now. The charges can occur anytime and many will be charged without knowing unless they check the bills every single month.

Even after finding those charges, complaining to DiGi is no use. DiGi will push to third party providers who won't refund in most cases.

@Digi_Jodipy wrote:

Hi laygan,

We acknowledge your messages.  Actually, Digi did impose the confirmation of subscription, somehow the result was not as expected.  We will continue to monitor and improve our system performance to minimize occurrences to customer's account.

Community Manager

For any refund request, impacted users are advised to contact us via Customer Service Hotline or email and our rep will assist to investigate and send to the respective content service provider.  

Have a g8 day!