Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Complaint on unable to upgrade DIGI PLAN

[ Edited ]

I am existing Customer of DIGI for many years and have signed a Digi Contract for Digi Postpaid Plan – Digi Smart 108. I notice that Digi have upgrade the benefits for all Digi new plan. However, the benefits for existing customer who are loyal to DIGI have not been upgraded. I have contacted DIGI Customer HELPLINE on 7 Apr 2016 and requested for an UPGRADE OF PLAN from my Current Digi Smart Plan 108 to Digi Smart Plan 128. I willing to top up additional RM20 per month to upgrade my plan. However I was informed by the DIGI Customer HELPLINE that DIGI Is unable to upgrade my plan as I am currently under DIGI Contract. If I want to upgrade I must pay for both current plan (108) and new Digi Smart Plan 128 – charges which I feel is NOT FAIR and is a DOUBLE CHARGES. A Customer cannot be paying 2 premium/charges but enjoying on 1 PLAN Benefits. This is a DOUBLE CHARGES. I feel that DIGI does not appreciate their EXISTING LOYAL CUSTOMER and IGNORE THEM (WHEN DIGI UPGRADE THEIR SMART PLAN BENEFITS, THEY DO NOT UPGRADE THE BENEFITS FOR THEIR EXISTING CUSTOMER) EVEN WHEN THE EXISTING CUSTOMER IS WILLING TO UPGRADE AND TOP-UP ADDITIONAL PREMIUM FOR THE UPGRADE THEIR REQUEST IS IGNORED. DIGI SHOULD VALUE THEIR EXISTING CUSTOMER AS MUCH AS THEY VALUE THEIR NEW CUSTOMER. I WOULD LIKE TO LODGE AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT TO DIGI – THAT WE THE EXISTING USER OF DIGI ARE DISAPPOINTED WITH THE TREATMENT BY DIGI (DIGI UPGRADE NEW CUSTOMER PLAN BUT IGNORED EXISTING CUSTOMER BENEFITS EVEN WHEN THE CUSTOMER IS WILLING TO PAY EXTRA TO TOP UP HIS PLAN) DISAPPOINTED DIGI CUSTOMER. EXISTING DIGI CUSTOMER Ir. Wong Chee Fui 012-951**** wongcheefui@gmail.com

Re: Complaint on unable to upgrade DIGI PLAN

Contributor
hello,

i think ur plan is under contract and cannot be upgrade
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi Wong CF,

Based from the record, your account is under EPP contract and there will be no premature penalty fee charges if you wish to sign up a new package. However, the EPP installment payment to the bank will still continue until completion of your contract. Thanks.

* We have masked your mobile number *

Have a g8 day!

I hope my answer helped you! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR if this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Head on to Getting Started on top right of this page to read our Forum Do's & Don'ts http://community.digi.com.my/t5/custom/page/page-id/Getting-Started

Hi

I am not happy with the reply.

Yes my account is with the EPP Plan - with Digi Smart Plan 108.

Digi Smart Plan 108 offer only 5GB of Internet Quota

But currect

Digi Postpaid Plan 78 offer 7GB of Data Internet Quota

Digi Postpaid Plan 98 offer 10GB of Data Internet Quota

Digi Postpaid Plan 128 offer 9GB of Data Internet Quota

I am not requesting to sign up for new plan.

i already have a Plan Digi Postpaid Plan 108

My request is to convert my current Plan to lower Digi Post Plan which offer better benefits such as Digi Postpaid Plan 98 (with no additional payment)

or to upgrade my current Digi Postpaid Plan 108 to Digi Postpaid Plan to Digi Postpaid 128 with additional RM20 per month payment.

The Digi request for me to sign up a new package is not PRACTICAL and is DOUBLE CHARGING THEIR EXISTING CUSTOMER.

If i sign up of a Digi Postpaid Plan 98 today i will have to pay month RM98 per month on top of the existing monthly payment of my EPP installment payment which have included the Digi Postpaid Plan 108 plan.

I am willing to top up RM20per month to upgrade from existing Digi Postpaid Plan 108 to Digi Postpaid Plan 128 or even downgrade from Digi Postpaid Plan 108 to Digi Postpaid Plan 98 (with no additional charges)

If DIGI Confirm that they will DOUBLE CHARGE their CUSTOMER by Charging both new plan and existing plan while their customer only enjoy the benefits of one plan only.

Then this confirmation from DIGI to DOUBLE CHARGE their existing customer to sign up for a new plan while paying for an existing plan, will warrant a complaint to Consumer Forum Malaysia (CFM) and Consumer Claims Malaysia under Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism. 

Disappointed Existing Loyal Digi Customer for many years

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@WongCF, when a contract is taken up, you are expected to be locked down to a postpaid plan and tariff for X number of months, in return for subsidised device (with all the cost calculated according to the plan that you agreed for). For EPP's case, your bank has fully paid to Digi for the phone and postpaid subscription for the number of months of contract you have signed for. Since your bank has fully paid to Digi, Digi will not be charging you the penalty fee, but your debt with the bank remains, hence you are continuing to pay to your bank.

Please consider to change to your desired postpaid plan when the contracted months are over, because you have already paid for the current plan. It is a waste if you forfeit it for a different plan now.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

[ Edited ]

I faced the same problem. Yes, am well aware that the bank has paid Digi fully and what we are requesting is a change of data to be allign with the new plan. For eg, new Digi Smartplan 98 is entitled for 10GB, can't digi allign it for those under EPP whom has paid Digi the amount? It seem like Maxis is doing the same for the exissting contract customer as well, why can't Digi?

And if we were to opt for another package, trust me, the telco company selected will definately not DIGI.

Community Manager

@WongCF and @J3nn_c, if you are interested to upgrade your postpaid plan, call us on Helpline (0162211800). Adjusting the EPP is not permissible but we can bill extra seperately for plan upgrade. I hope you are delighted with this Smiley Happy

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

[ Edited ]
I wonder what is the best time to call in to your customer service helpline because it just hang u up after few minutes of going round the bush with the operator by pressing numbers.

FYI Maxis upgraded their customers data plan (even contract customer) with ZERO additional cost! Since Digi is unable to do it, I guess is obvious what to do when the contract end.

Community Manager

@J3nn_c, Digi's postpaid price is very competitive as well, especially with large data quota and unlimited calls now. You can read through both telco's postpaid plan information and then decide which works the best for you. 

You can try to call Digi Helpline on morning or late evening, if you would like to reduce waiting time on the line. Smiley Wink

Hi Digi. I hope you will come out with a free upgrade to your existing customers just like what Maxis did to save itself when the damage is done. I hope we don't have to viral this issue to the social media which would take a toll on yourself. I'm currently bound to a contract. If this is no free upgrade, I would consider going for a better deal. I like Digi, but you have to go with the flow.