Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Beware! Digi Infinite 150 is not really Infinite, it has 1TB quota.

SuperUser

@halfey wrote:

A 4K movie may consume 50-60GB data per movie but for you to hit the 1TB limit that would mean streaming at least one 4K movie every single day. I'm not sure about you but if it's me I'd be out of things to watch in a month if I did that, and considering the average speed I'm getting from Infinite 150, streaming 4K movie is impossible. You're most likely downloading. Illegally perhaps?

you brought up ssth interesting and i Googled for some extra details. here's something i found from Consumer Report website:

https://www.consumerreports.org/telecom-services/how-easy-to-burn-through-1TB-data-cap/

"... analyst's estimate of typical usage, which has Netflix subscribers spending two hours each day using the service."

"Streaming 4K content with high dynamic range can eat up 7GB to 10GB of data per hour. So, does that get us close to 1TB in a month?

Not really. Even using the more aggressive estimate of 10GB per hour, you'd still need to watch 100 hours of 4K movies and TVs shows each month, or roughly 3.33 hours a day. You could watch every episode from all four seasons of "House of Cards"—52 hours in all—in 4K resolution in one month and barely crack the halfway mark of your data cap."

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.

15mbs consider fast compare to my area.

Read the comment on that links, 1TB could easily been used up! The point of this post is that Digi is a scam.. dont say its unlimited when it has 1TB quota, or maybe less than that, we dont even know! All i know is that when u r using digi, ur data can be easily used up..

Support

Basically, Digi Infinite 150 plan is unlimited internet service, Eyyrul. However, the system requires a figure input. So, 1TB was set to fill-up the requirement. If somehow our customers manage to reach that figure and unable to use it then, they can always check back with us and we will assist further ya. TQ.

Have a pleasant day!

I hope my answer helped you! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR if this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

May I know what is yr usual Dwnload Speed? Thx

Community Manager

@bloodscalper wrote:

May I know what is yr usual Dwnload Speed? Thx

This is location and device dependant. Also variable according to network conditions at the time of usage.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

Dear DIGI,

If u said "the system requires a figure input. So, 1TB was set to fill-up the requirement" but why 1tb? u should put impossible usage maybe 1000tb or maybe 1zb. 1tb easy to reach.

regards.

infinite 150 user (1TB Internet) Man Wink

I don't feel cheated. I'm cheated.

First of all, I'm shocked to read all the comments here saying the 150 postpaid infinite is Not unlimited! WTH I'm told it's unlimited!! And the worst thing is I went to Digi Express at Parkson in Miri 1 year ago to sign up for an unlimited broadband package, it's consist of the 150 postpaid infinite AND the broadband package of around RM40 or +, contract for a year. They told me there's an extra line which is FREE, but I don't need it so they advice me just leave, it's ok not to use it! How I found out about this is after few months of using this so called unlimited broadband package, I went to other branch to change my credit card details n found out there's no unlimited broadband package! So I'm just paying for 2 lines! I was so furious I wanted to cancel it but there's a contract, if I end it early I'll be penalised for around RM300 plus the remaining days to due date penalty. So, I need to fulfil the contract anyway.

Today I finally went to cancel the RM40 broadband line and remain the stupid 150 not infinite plan while I'm looking for a suitable plan elsewhere!

Gosh Digi, u guys better look into this case!! The line is not free, I'm paying for it n threw away my money. I could have bought myself a broadband modem n use your line but your staff has tricked me into signing up a contract with them.

From your very frustrated loyal customer. I'm gonna switch telco when I'm free. Bye.

Digi's signal / coverage of late, in Subang Jaya particularly USJ 2 has been weak, even I almost-never played any movie or use the internet, because it's annoyingly slow.

Highlighted

Support

vince8676, to assist u further on this, kindly log in to MyDigi app. U can click the menu icon - Support - Email - Category & submit ur feedback on the network issue that u are currently facing. If u have upgraded to the new MyDigi App, Log in Mydigi - click Menu - Support - Network Coverage. Sorry for any inconvenience caused Smiley Sad

Our investigation findings on your case will be published under Case Status or My Reports on MyDigi within 48 - 72 hours from ur report submitted.