Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Beware! Digi Infinite 150 is not really Infinite, it has 1TB quota.

Dear Digi,

Do not mislead or trick your customers by putting up "unlimited" internet quota to your Digi Infinite 150 plan advertisement because it isn't.

In my support case submitted and confirmed by Digi network team that there is a speedcap (flat 5Mbps down and up) after exceeding so-called fair usage policy of 1TB limit quota which is not to be found anywhere in the FAQ or Terms and Conditions.

By the way, 1TB quota can be easily used up by i.e. 20 4K movies/contents (each 60GB) in my case.

My message to Digi, customers do not like to be tricked or lied to. If your product has a 1TB quota or any quota at all, please do not market your product as unlimited internet quota, and please do not use hidden fair usage policy to hide the quota.

Re: Beware! Digi Infinite 150 is not really Infinite, it has 1TB quota.

i get lied  by digi oso.i think that is unlimited data.but i change the plan yesterday,after that i cant even download any thing to my phone.the worst plan im using right now.Feel very disapointed 

We are okay if Digi is being honest and tell the truth that this is 1TB quota plan instead of telling its customer it is unlimited plan so customers will not be mislead.

Having said that, I feel extremely disppointed/cheated that I myself been tricked into signing up this plan and gave up my true unlimited Fiber broadband. Now I have been left unable to even stream 1080p(let alone 4K) with flat 5Mbps speedcap.

To those potential Infinite 150 customers, please beware!!

Probably you're right.. I didn't notice it until I got the notification saying that I've exceeding the limit data for the month and an extra charge will be applied for the next data used... OMG! Since when DIGI INFINITE 150 got an extra charge for using data?? I've been using this plan since the early days DIGI introduce this plan last year and i admit it. This is the best plan i ever used. I don't mind if the speed data very slow or whatsoever. As long as i have my "unlimited" data plan, the rest wouldn't matter to me so much.. But today you disappointed me. . Pls don't misleading your "infinite" plan with hidden charge and lucky me today I've knew it. I'm shocked ! It's kinda shivering though..Pls explain it I don't know what is wrong with your services nowadays.. Very disappointed..

Community Manager
Would you mind to share the SMS for further verification?
Digi postpaid plans generally have no extra charges beyond data quota. For Infinite 150, speed may be throttled only.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

A 4K movie may consume 50-60GB data per movie but for you to hit the 1TB limit that would mean streaming at least one 4K movie every single day. I'm not sure about you but if it's me I'd be out of things to watch in a month if I did that, and considering the average speed I'm getting from Infinite 150, streaming 4K movie is impossible. You're most likely downloading. Illegally perhaps?

I guess the key message and note here is not about type of data traffic, is about the transparency and misleading information promoted or communicate from Digi to consumer.   Should there is a cap on 1TB data size on the Infinite 150 plan, Digi should clearly stated in their marketing material and be transparent to the consumer instead of using "fair usage" comment / statement which  make customer feel disappointed with Digi.  This is truely impacting Digi company image where customer will lost confident on Digi company product and service and move to subcribe and use other service provider.

Highlighted

Bro, 1TB is easily reachable
No need talk illegal download, pull below data from
Netflix, for ultra HD(4k) content, the estimated data is 7Gb per hour. So basiclly you can netflix 6days in a month then you will be throttle. If include other internet daily usage it will be much more faster

Low (0.3 GB per hour per device)
Medium (SD: 0.7 GB per hour per device)
High (Best video quality, up to 3 GB per hour per device for HD, and 7 GB per hour per device for Ultra HD)
Auto (Adjusts automatically to deliver the highest possible quality, based on your current internet connection speed)

I  have signed up for this package too. I couldn't hit the 1TB limit because 4G connection here are poor. I usually get couple Mbps at night.  Fastest would be about 15Mbps in good day, usually morning or afternoon.

What is the speed  you guys have?

SuperUser

@sflee85 wrote:

We are okay if Digi is being honest and tell the truth that this is 1TB quota plan instead of telling its customer it is unlimited plan so customers will not be mislead.

Having said that, I feel extremely disppointed/cheated that I myself been tricked into signing up this plan and gave up my true unlimited Fiber broadband. Now I have been left unable to even stream 1080p(let alone 4K) with flat 5Mbps speedcap.

To those potential Infinite 150 customers, please beware!!

hi... i'm actually thinking to start 4K streaming at  my own home. what kinda setup are you using? can share? 

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.