Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

(1 Sept 2018) Digi Postpaid Updates FAQs

by Moderator ‎01-09-2018 08:10 AM - edited ‎06-09-2018 12:22 AM

Here's what you need to know now that 6% Service Tax is implemented from 1 September 2018.

Is 6% Service Tax applicable to all Malaysians and non-Malaysians alike come 1 Sept 2018?

Yes, it applies to all consumers, regardless of nationality.

What will I see in my monthly bill statement, starting from Sept 2018 onwards?

The 6% Service Tax will appear in your bill statement, starting from the 8 Sept bill cycle, for any usage incurred in the month of Sept. It will not appear in the 1 Sept bill because all charges displayed are for usages in the month of August, which is still a 0% GST period.

Postpaid 1.png

If there is a Service Tax charged on my monthly fees from 1 Sept 2018 onwards, what happens to the advance GST I had paid before 1 June 2018?

A one-off credit on 6% Service Tax will be credited into your Sept 2018 bill based on the remaining months of the contract, which were previously subjected to GST.

When I sign up for a phone bundle package before 1 Sept 2018 but activate my service after 1 Sept, do I still enjoy 0% GST?

Your phone will not be taxed as it is not subject to Service Tax. However, all mobile services incurred from 1 Sept onwards will be subject to 6% Service Tax.

Comments
by Andy19 Member
on ‎25-02-2019 10:13 PM

@wjunee wrote:

Here's what you need to know now that 6% Service Tax is implemented from 1 September 2018.

Is 6% Service Tax applicable to all Malaysians and non-Malaysians alike come 1 Sept 2018?

Yes, it applies to all consumers, regardless of nationality.

What will I see in my monthly bill statement, starting from Sept 2018 onwards?

The 6% Service Tax will appear in your bill statement, starting from the 8 Sept bill cycle, for any usage incurred in the month of Sept. It will not appear in the 1 Sept bill because all charges displayed are for usages in the month of August, which is still a 0% GST period.

Postpaid 1.png

If there is a Service Tax charged on my monthly fees from 1 Sept 2018 onwards, what happens to the advance GST I had paid before 1 June 2018?

A one-off credit on 6% Service Tax will be credited into your Sept 2018 bill based on the remaining months of the contract, which were previously subjected to GST.

When I sign up for a phone bundle package before 1 Sept 2018 but activate my service after 1 Sept, do I still enjoy 0% GST?

Your phone will not be taxed as it is not subject to Service Tax. However, all mobile services incurred from 1 Sept onwards will be subject to 6% Service Tax.

Contributors