Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Tac request for unknown apps

SuperUser

@krankumar wrote:
RM0.00(excl.GST):Your TAC for hfg service subscription is 3588 (expires in 2mins).Please ignore if you did not request.

Why suddenyly digi sent me this?? This is scary !!!

digi "didn't really" send this to you. very likely something you did triggered this. 

you might wanna check out my stories a few posts above. 

but we should be glad that Digi implemented this. otherwise, you could be in fir bill shock next month. Smiley Happy

If this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy

Hi  support ! 

Having the same issue recently with sms  - just today I received a whopping 16 sms  in less than a minute from  38833. Previously received a few from  38800.

digi support reply to my queries in Live chat is that these are triggered by application downloaded or install on smart devices or pop up add during web  browsing.

now, let look at it from a logical view point.  

1 - I have pop up blocker. And if the pop up blocker comes out  I click the  "x" to close it and my anti virus  internet security software take care of the rest if there is any other application. Now - I  never enter any info - so how did the pop up obtain my phone number??

2: I dont  install  games in my phone. I only have 1 apps that have advertisement which is CM Security. And I  press the back key to exit the advert without entering any info.  I also understand that some of this app have permission to read my phone number - could this  app have the  capability or the engine to automatically grab my phone number and send it to the  sMS provider? 

So I would appreciate if Digi tech can provide an example of what "apps" or web site that has the potential to create this problem  because so far the reason given about how we get this SMS is not specific. 

Line slow

[ Edited ]

Line selalu slow,, bila linr nak ok

Re: Line slow

Community Manager

@Nurhusaini wrote:

Line selalu slow,, bila linr nak ok

Sila maklum balas mengenai isu rangkaian melalui applikasi MyDigi untuk siasatan lanjut: http://community.digi.com.my/t5/Apps-Services/Report-Digi-network-problems-via-the-MyDigi-app/ta-p/2...

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotions

I 'm also facing the same problem. Keep sending me TAC from several number such as 

39988 for bh service subscription, 

36222 for vd service subscription, 

33311 for bc service subscription,

32171 for cinta service subscription. 

Sometimes it can send up to 6 SMS per day! Sometimes i just left my phone with no background app running and no web opening, but i also received TAC for that moment!

I already made a full reset on my phone and the problem still the same. I made several report for the charge applied but this TAC SMS  really annoying! Can you track which app or website provide my phone number to the third party app? If it keep sending me TAC SMS and charge me for no reason I think I will change to other internet provider. Thanks

Anonymous

Hi Jackcjw, All the shortcodes mentioned above are 3rd party services. These services are likely to be present when you surf the internet or use a particular application on your phone. It can be an advertisement, games or application downloaded on the phone. If you do not subscribe, kindly deactivates it by sending SMS 'STOP ALL' and send to all the mentioned shortcodes. Ensure that you receive a reply SMS for notification of cancellation status.

To prevent this from happening again in the future, always alerts with the terms and conditions of any site that you view or apps that have been downloaded. The charges can be daily, weekly or even monthly. Thank you.

Dear Digi Support

As per your instructions with "STOP ALL" sent, the sms keep sending to me. I has been clear cache on goole chrome and other App but keep happened. Any solution?

Remark : TAC for game service

I've been receiving alot of texts regarding Tax requests but I ignored it thinking it was spam mail. And they have charged me on my digi account, bill has almost doubled.

How do I stop this ? And will I be able to get a refund ?

Re: Tac request for unknown appsRM0:00:Your TAC for bb service subscription is 7349(expires in 2mins

I dont want this please help me to remove this

Re: Tac request for unknown appsRM0:00:Your TAC for bb service subscription is 7349(expires in 2mins

Please help me to stop this