Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Tac request for unknown apps

Hi there,

I have been receiving sms for tac number but i never request any of it. It didnt charged me but its annoying. How to stop this? Tq

RM0.00(excl.GST):Your TAC for hfg service subscription is 9765 (expires in 2mins).Please ignore if you did not request. Info@ http://digi.my/TAC
Highlighted

Re: Tac request for unknown apps

Community Manager
This is a mechanism to combat against unexpected subscription to premium SMS services. Some websites or apps may contain ads that make you subscribe to their services. Do not give or use the TAC if the services is not what you intended to subscribe.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements
Highlighted

Hello,

I also is having the same case; received numerous SMS of TAC number which I didn't requested, also not mistakenly  clicked on anything. Is there any way that I can do to stop this or just ignore all that?

TQ.

Highlighted

Support

Hi akif_aziz89,

If the service is not something you need or request, please do not key in the TAC number and click on the "Confirm" button ya. This is a notification/ confirmation message from Digi to avoid the third party charges. If you have accidentally subscribed the service, you may send one SMS with the word STOP ALL and send it to 3xxxx to cancel the application to avoid further charges.

Thanks.

Highlighted

i got the same msg, annoying
Highlighted

Support

Hi shawnation,

This is a notification/ confirmation message to avoid the third party charges. If the service is not something you need or request, please do not key in the TAC number and click on the "Confirm" button ya. If you have accidentally subscribed the service, you may send one SMS with the word STOP ALL and send it to 3xxxx to cancel the application to avoid further charges. For more info, you may visit http://community.digi.com.my/t5/Apps-Services/Third-Party-Charges-for-SMS-from-Content-Providers/ta-...

Thanks.

Highlighted

SuperUser

just to share...

this SMS that some of us may have received is actually to inform us that a 3rd party is trying to sign us up for some sort of premium service. so, please don't consider this SMS as annoying but rather a good warning. by not taking any further action, it means you have been "saved" from bill shock.

things you might want to take note:

1. what sites were you accessing when you got the SMS

2. what apps were you running when you got the SMS

reasons being...

STORY 1

I received one such SMS sometime last week. I was surprised to get this coz usually I'm very careful with the sites i accessed. But I think I know where I got the SMS. I was actually checking out one site that was a bit "dodgy". And at that time, I did not disable Javascript on my browser.  Yes, these days, it's easy to get info about yourself from just loading a website. It might look simple, but it could have loaded many things in the background when you accessed some websites.
So, this SMS saved me from being signed up for some weird premium SMS services.  

STORY 2

I have a friend who has been getting these premium charges since earlier this year. She was somehow getting signed up for some premium SMS services. No doubt she did get back refunds after lodging complaints. But it was un-necessary bill shock. With this SMS in place, I believe it should help or even eliminate this bill shock.

So, I'd like to say Kudos to Digi for implementing this.

If this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Support

Thanks for sharing, mydragoon. :-)

Highlighted

RM0.00(excl.GST):Your TAC for hfg service subscription is 3588 (expires in 2mins).Please ignore if you did not request.

Why suddenyly digi sent me this?? This is scary !!!
Highlighted

Support

Hi krankumar,

This is a notification/ confirmation message to avoid the third party charges. If the service is not something you need or request, please do not key in the TAC number and click on the "confirm" button ya. If you have accidentally subscribed the service, you may send one SMS with the word STOP ALL and send it to 3xxxx to cancel the application to avoid further charges. 

We recommend you to be careful when browsing the internet. You may check which sites were you accessing when you got the SMS to avoid the incoming TAC SMS ya. For more info, you may visithttp://community.digi.com.my/t5/Apps-Services/Third-Party-Charges-for-SMS-from-Content-Providers/ta-p/21328

Thanks.