Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Poor billing system

I switched from a post paid plan to a prepaid plan so I could activate the 365 plan. I had no problem reloading rm150 again to activate the plan if this is what it takes to keep my no. when I was abroad. What bothering me is more than 3 months later, suddenly I was billed with a outstanding amount of rm36++. The warning letter came to my email. And let me mind you, when I have log into my digi account with the current phone no., it  doesnt show any outstanding bill but instead I  still have a balance of rm20 something.  I was about to dismiss the warning but then I was told an actual WRITTEN warning letter was sent to my home address. On the letter, there is nothing much than a warning about my  long overdued payment and it was sent for collection when I failed to make a payment.  No phone no. listed and no other explanation was provided. I was so confused because when I checked the account no. listed on both the warning letter and email, it doesnt match with my current digi account no.  on the system.  Let me reiterate that I have no problem settling any outstanding bill, but the Digi online billing system  just didn't show any outstanding amount that match with the account no listed on the warning letter.

I was debating if I should made an international call back to malaysia just to get DIgi to clearify on this issue, but it might have caused more trouble and cost more on my end to make this call.

I somehow figured out the matter once I tried to crack my head on recalling the detail  when I switched from postpaid to prepaid plan on a Digi store that happened more than 3 months ago. When the switch was made, I was never asked to settle any bill  from the post paid plan. Instead I was asked immediately to reload a rm150  so I could activate the 365 plan. I assumed all the payment would be deducted when I reloaded that amount but obviously I was wrong. That explained the outstanding amount from a different account no. than the current account no that associate with my digi no. It actually took me a while to find a way to settle the bill through online banking system, and I was grateful that I still have active Malaysia banking account that I could  actually choose to pay DIGI postpaid plan on selection and make payment to that particular digi account no.which no longer associated with my Digi no.

Again, what I am displeased with DIgi is the whole billing system could have been streamlined and the payment could have been asked to settled on the spot when I made switching of plan. That could have saved the whole confusion. And would it be too much trouble to include more details on the warning letters??? Such as mobile no. or plan details? I dont mind settle the bill but I would really appreciate if this bill could be clearer and It would be even better if this can be totally avoided at the first place.

Re: Poor billing system

Community Manager

@venuswei, glad to hear that your sorted it out. 

Postpaid bills are only ready when the account reaches billing cycle. Because termination can be made anytime before the complete billing cycle, hence you will still have one more bill to pay for. 

On my own personal experience, Digi Store staff would have pre-empted about this payment and inability to use MyDigi to check/pay for terminated accounts. Indeed this issue would have been avoided if this information is told. Thank you for your feedback. 

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Re: Poor billing system

I encountered the same problem & wished that I was notified about the last billing that will be released while I was at the center switching to a new account name. 

The automated call & texts to warn me of my outstanding confused me. As there was no outstanding amount reflected in the current statement sent to me.  As a user, I had no idea where the outstanding amount was at. 

Hope you can train your staff to advise us how to cleanly sort out our account. No one wants to owe anyone anything.  

Thank you.