Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New number

Hi, I just bought a number from the online digi store about a week ago (https://www.digi.com.my/shop/prepaid-plans/prepaid-next). I changed my WhatsApp account to my new number, but it seems like someone is still using the number because there's suddenly groups and message from numbers that I don't know and I never saved. I am not sure what the problem is here. Does that means the old owner is still actively using the number?

Re: New number

Support

Hi cocomelon. Terminated phone numbers will be recycled and will be put on sale again anytime. 

The previous owner might have still used the same phone number for his / her WhatsApp account until you opt to activate the number. Since you are now the rightful owner of the phone number, he / she is not able to use the same number anymore.

Thank you.

Hope it helps. Please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR click on "Accept as Solution" from Options menu above to help others find their answers faster! Have a nice day!

Great. I was scared if we're sharing the same number. although I do get calls from the previous owner's acquaintance, i guess it's fine now.

Support

Good to hear that. You have a nice day ahead and stay safe ya! Smiley Happy

Hope it helps. Please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR click on "Accept as Solution" from Options menu above to help others find their answers faster! Have a nice day!