Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Lifestyle Tax Relief

Lifestyle tax relief 2017 is included Internet subscription. I'm using Digi postpaid plan 50 which is included Internet Data.

Am I entitle for lifestyle tax relief? Please advise. thanks!
Highlighted

Re: Lifestyle Tax Relief

Contributor

@wengfu1983

Digi Postpaid plan 50 is considered as a "Voice Plan". As far as we know, only "Data Plan" like "Broadband plans" are eligible to claim. More info-> http://new.digi.com.my/notification/lifestyle-tax-relief

Highlighted

Contributor
How about Prepaid biGBonus Internet Plans, as those are purely internet usage only ?
Can claim under Lifestyle Tax Relief ?
Highlighted

Contributor

@ltchin  Unfortunately, NO Smiley Sad The biGBonus is an internet subscription under the Prepaid Voice Plan(Digi Prepaid BEST & Digi Prepaid LiVE). It same concept like Postpaid Voice plans users who purchase the Quota Top Up(QTU).

Highlighted

Contributor

Really feel disappointed on Digi's replied.  Smiley Sad

As per Inland Revenue Board Of Malaysia Official Portal, Lifestyle covered a few items, as per attached.

(iv) Payment of monthly bill for internet subscription

But, Digi said  Prepaid biGBonus Internet Plans not entitled for this Lifestyle Tax Relief.

Which Prepaid biGBonus Internet Plans is purely for monthly internet subscription only.

I would suggest Digi to re-visit the definition of "Payment of monthly bill for internet subscription"

Highlighted

Community Manager
Due to the gravity of the consequences, it would be better if you verify with IRB or your tax consultant. There are no strong evidence to support the grey area of postpaid and prepaid for this tax relief.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements