Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Change Ownership

Hi, I have been using this digi number 012-5261706 for more than 10 years. I paid for subscription. However recently, due to changes in plan, I have tagged along my friend mainline and later when I asked to separated the line to opt for another service, my friend have changed the number ownership under her name. I tried to call many times, seeking her help to switch back the ownership back to mine however she has been busy and it has been dragged for almost a year. Please help on how I can change the ownership transfer back to myself. without the presence of the current account owner? I would like to use back the same number. We can provide a lot of information to verify if needed (since we are the one who actually using the numbers)

Really really appreciate your help!

Thank you.

Re: Change Ownership

Community Manager

@seokhoon, for the interest of customer's security, the owner of the number must be present at a Digi Store for ownership transfer. Pick an outlet that supports ownership transfer from our Digi Store locator to avoid any dissapointment. http://new.digi.com.my/support/digi-store

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

1. Hi, I can't find any stores that support ownership transfer in penang, please advise.

2. As illustrated in my earlier case, [sigh], it has been 1 year but the owner was refusing to help, anyway Digi can help?

Contributor
Hi

Yup, I found that "ownership transfer" services disappear from Digi official website, for Perak state too.
Last time I can see ONLY Digi Store (Not Digi Store Express....) can provide this service. But now it have has gone. There are no Owership Transfer service at any Digi Store at Perak and Penang for now.
Or Digi plan to allow all their Store including Express Store to able do that job?

Support

Hi @seokhoon. Unfortunately,  you can't do it without her. Only the registered owner can request for it.  Both of you must go to our Digi Store to get it changed. For Penang you may visit these outlets :

Pulau Tikus

368-01-05, Belissa Row, Jalan Burmah, 10350 Georgetown, Penang.

Operating Hours

Mondays - Saturdays: 10.00am - 6.30pm 
Sundays & Public Holidays: Closed

Bayan Lepas

1B-G-08 and 1B-G-09, Ground Floor, One Precinct Lengkok Mayang Pasir, 11950 Bayan Baru, Penang.

Operating Hours

Seberang Jaya

No. 8, Ground Floor, Jalan Todak Dua, Pusat Bandar, Seberang Jaya, 13700 Seberang Jaya, Penang.

Operating Hours

@DigiFanChan, For transfer of ownership, you need to select Digi Store only for Outlet type. For Ipoh : 

Ipoh - De Garden

DGR-1A, Ground Floor, No. 1, Persiaran Medan Ipoh, Medan Ipoh, 31400 Ipoh, Perak.

Operating Hours

Mondays - Sundays & Public Holidays: 10am - 10pm

Ipoh - Greentown

Lot C-01-04, Ground Floor, No. 2, Persiaran Greentown 3, Greentown Business Centre, 30450 Ipoh, Perak.

Operating Hours

Mondays - Saturdays: 10am - 6.30pm 

Hope it helps. Please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR click on "Accept as Solution" from Options menu above to help others find their answers faster! Have a nice day!

To transfer the ownership  from my father's to my name:

1.  Do I need to change the Sim Card?
2.  Is there any charges for the transfer of ownership?
3.  Can I continue the existing plan for the Main and supplementary line -- Postpaid Optimum plan and Dg20 plan?  
4.  Do I still get the discount (discount obtained when sign up of plan years ago) as per previous bill after transfer of ownership?

Pls advise.  Thanks. 

Valued Contributor

Hi crystal123, there's no need to change SIM card and there's no charges for the transfer of ownership. However, the account structure might change if there's only one line transferred to your name. To maintain the current account structure, the current owner will have to transfer the ownership of the whole family account (main and supp line) to be under your name, then you will be able to continue with the same plan and offer (rebate/discount). Thank you.

If only 1 line is tranferred, the structure will change and I will have to get new postpaid plan?  as currently this is a supplementary postpaid plan.

If I do not wish to get a new postpaid plan, can I directly tranfer to my name and prepaid plan all at one go?  Any charges to transfer from postpaid to prepaid plan?

Valued Contributor

If only 1 supp line is transferred to your name, the current account structure will remain unchanged but less 1 supp line. After the number is transferred to your name, you will have to subscribe to a new postpaid plan because it is no longer a supp line, thus can't continue with a supp line plan. If you prefer prepaid plan, you may convert it from postpaid plan to prepaid without any charges. 

Thank you.

Now  both main line and supp line has no contract, if transfer to my name, will it be any contract to the lines again?