Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Auto-renewal service SMS

[ Edited ]

I have NEVER subscribed to any forms of games but I suddenly received an SMS regarding auto-renewal.

Is this a scam?  How can this happen?

The link in the message brings me to http://my.gamebuffet.mobi/digi/unsubscribe which I fear putting my number on that webpage would lead to further unwanted subscriptions.

I would like to know if my number is really subscribed to this scam messages and if any amount has been charged. I cannot access MyDigi since this morning.

Please help.

Highlighted

Update

Today, I was indeed charged RM5 for something that I did not subscribe for. Eventually, it left me no choice but to enter my number onto the webpage to unsubscribe. Am I allowed to obtain a refund for this? It's really frustrating to be suddenly charged like this.
Highlighted

Re: Update

Community Manager

You can request for refund if you contact their Hotline number. 

MyDigi is temporarily in maintenance, expected to resume on Tuesday, 13th March 2018.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements
Highlighted

Is it even safe to contact that number? Can you guarantee that? I don't even know who they are. It just feels like a scam. I have no confidence with a 'service' which just suddenly took my money away for something I did not subscribe for and on top of that I have to request for a refund from them? It's already bad enough that I have no idea how did my number end up in their subscription list. Is there no other way out through Digi's side? I do not wish to contact such services.
Highlighted

Community Manager

Could you try send SMS STOP ALL to the 5 digit code?

Have a g8 day!

I hope my answer helped you! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR if this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Head on to Getting Started on top right of this page to read our Forum Do's & Don'ts http://community.digi.com.my/t5/custom/page/page-id/Getting-Started
Highlighted

Service SMS

[ Edited ]

As you can see from the screenshots, I did.

I did it after I received the SMS regarding renewal reminder but I wasn't unsubscribed after doing that.

So, I was charged RM 5 on the renewal date.

At first, I did not put my number onto the webpage they provided on the SMS to unsubscribe since I find it dangerous.

But, after I was charged, I had no choice but to do so and unsubscribed from it.

The thing is, I would like to know:

How did my number end up subscribing to it when I didn't even register for it?

Now that I'm charged, can I get a refund for this from DIGI?

>>> MrOctopusK recommended me to give a call to the hotline to request for a refund. Honestly, to give a call to some 'random service' which I have no idea of, it just doesn't feel right. From my perspective, this so-called 'service' is extremely insecure to deal with. They already took my money away and I have to incur somemore cost to get it back? I do not like this. I'm hoping for another solution, preferably something which can be done by Digi to get my refund because contacting that 'service', is the last thing that I would like to do.

Is it possible to check if my number is subscribed to anymore of such 'service'?

Highlighted

Re: Service SMS

Support

Don't worry, yhkhor. please PM us via http://goo.gl/epyFn8 to provide your full name, mobile number and IC so that we can assist you further. Thanks Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Re: Auto-renewal service SMS

for the past 4 months i have been getting these SPAM SMSs from 32883, and everytime they send me an sms, it says "RM4.00, click to download.. etc". I have not subscribed to anything from this number , but it keeps sending me texts non-stop. I initially thought it was nothing, and then i found out that I was being overcharged from digi on my monthly billings. What i would like to know is, does this mean that i am being charged RM4.00 everytime i recieve this SMS?

please help. Smiley Sad
Highlighted

Today, I was indeed charged RM5 for something that I did not subscribe for. Eventually, it left me no choice but to enter my number onto the webpage to unsubscribe. Am I allowed to obtain a refund for this? It's really frustrating to be suddenly charged like this.
Please help
Highlighted