Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Ask A Gamer!

Community Manager

aaa.pngHi all,

We’re hoping to get some insights and opinions from you folks who play games. We don’t mind if you’re into PC games, Mobile, Console, yes even guli.

1) Which type of games that you play often? (You can answer more than one > PC/ Console/ Mobile Games).
2) What are the games that you are playing currently? (EG: PC – Dota 2, CS Go, PUBG, Mobile Legends)
3) What do you like about the games you are playing? (EG: Friends, it has great graphics, Love the Heroes). 
4) How much time do you spend playing your games?
5) How much do you spend on in-game credits or items monthly?
6) What are the channels you use to purchase in-game credits or items? Why do you choose this method to make the purchase? 
8) Why do you spend on your games? (EG: FOMO, YOLO, in-game items, skins and etc).
9) Would you want a Central HUB for your entire gaming purchases? This includes in-game buys for all of the different platforms (pc, console and mobile game credits)?
10) Would you subscribe to a month or yearly service that gives you special in-game items and credits?
11) Would you spend more if there were special deals and discounts on in-game items or credits?
12) What are the channels that you prefer to watch game streams on? Why? 
13) What are the important factors that influence your gaming experience? (EG: Latency, Music, Device) 
14) What would you want to improve on to complete your gaming experience in the future?

Leave your comment below! We can’t wait to read your answers.

Re: Ask A Gamer!

[ Edited ]
SuperUser
1) Which type of games that you play often? (You can answer more than one > PC/ Console/ Mobile Games).
i'm more a mobile gamer for now coz of the convenience. 

2) What are the games that you are playing currently? (EG: PC – Dota 2, CS Go, PUBG, Mobile Legends)
mainly playing Arena Of Valor for now. Used to play Heartstone but got a bit bored. Might go back to it though since there are new cards now.beeen trying out a few games recently like the new DC Superhero game (forgot name, ya... not impressed) and also the One Piece game (also not impressive).

3) What do you like about the games you are playing? (EG: Friends, it has great graphics, Love the Heroes). 
must have good graphics and some challenge -- instead of those that just click and click type of games.

maybe about 1-2 hours a day

really depends. but not much coz the games that i play... usually you can earn from playing anyway. 

6) What are the channels you use to purchase in-game credits or items? Why do you choose this method to make the purchase? 
used to be credit card but now, kinda like what Digi did -- Direct billing.

8) Why do you spend on your games? (EG: FOMO, YOLO, in-game items, skins and etc).
as a way to say thank you to developer for keeping me entertained. everyone needs to make a living...

9) Would you want a Central HUB for your entire gaming purchases? This includes in-game buys for all of the different platforms (pc, console and mobile game credits)?
this is interesting... if there's more details, do share... but ya, this would be sth interesting since i may soon expand into gaming on other platforms.

10) Would you subscribe to a month or yearly service that gives you special in-game items and credits?
i guess depends on the game and subscription.

11) Would you spend more if there were special deals and discounts on in-game items or credits?
yes. i'd love to have those with 50% rebate or sth. the only complain I have about this with Digi is that the promo period is not stated clearly. i recall not too long after Direct Billing launch, there was some rebate for using the Direct Billing. but no indication of the promo end. i puchased like maybe 1 week after promo ended. it was kinda annoying though... 

youtube. only coz with twitch, usually the video will stutter/ pause. and i dun like Facebook. so, no account there.

13) What are the important factors that influence your gaming experience? (EG: Latency, Music, Device) 
latency is very crucial since most of the games these days are online games. so poor connection means the experience isn't going to be good. i guess this boils down to either telco connection or the game server. either way, not good since if this  becomes a major pain for the game, players will just leave. AoV is one good example. Till today, so many ppl still complain about network spike/ lag.

14) What would you want to improve on to complete your gaming experience in the future?
better connectivity. especially on telco side. if they have 4G, there should be at least a min speed that one can get. 2Mbps on 4G is NOT impressive at all. this is actually the main thing because these days, many like to be mobile. they game on mobile. even if playing on desktop, good chance they could be using their mobile phone for connectivity. so, this needs to be addressed. 
once we have good connectivity (at least 10Mbps on 4G), then  i guess other things that can be explored includes more deals/ rewards for games... like 50% discount/ rebate on in-game currency, etc... 

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Contributor

A) Initially it was full on PC gaming, however I moved towards portable consoles (Playstation Vita) and to a certain extent, mobile gaming on my iPhone due to time restrictions. iOS games have been catching up with portable consoles hence the migration was not too difficult

A) Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory on the Vita and Injustice Mobile on iOS

A) For  Digimon, I love the Attack Turn Based (ATB) RPG concept ever since Digimon World 2 which is quite similar to Pokemon. As for Injustice, I am very accustomed to the concept of grinding derived from  ATB RPGs, therefore applying the same concept made playing Injustice quite relevant. Having said that, it is quite evident that I am a fan of the classic ATB RPG and the grinding that comes with it as I feel very rewarded once I reach my goals and targets.

A) For the Vita, it can go up 3 hours or more, depending on the battery life. Even if it was a weekday. For iOS, maybe half an hour to an hour at best.

A) I never spend on in-game credits. I would rather buy an expensive game outright rather than get a free game but need to pay in game.

A) As mentioned before, I would not buy in-game credits or items. If I had to, I assume I would pay it via my phone bill if it is doable. I would choose this method as it would be easy for me to settle my bill in one go.

7) Why do you spend on your games? (EG: FOMO, YOLO, in-game items, skins and etc).

A) The furthest I would spend on my games would be on DLCs, as I feel it actually adds to the playing time. Never bought added items for aesthetics yet but if i would, it most probably be affordable or a low price.

8) Would you want a Central HUB for your entire gaming purchases? This includes in-game buys for all of the different platforms (pc, console and mobile game credits)?

A)  It would be useful I guess, having all your purchases gathered in one bucket and pay it all off at the end of the month. But it seems that it would only be useful to Post Paid users though as it would act as a sort of payment system.

9) Would you subscribe to a month or yearly service that gives you special in-game items and credits?

A) Even if I participated in in-game purchases, I would prefer to control my expenses rather than block a monthly amount by default. It would just encourage me to buy more in-game stuff which I am already not a fan of.

10) Would you spend more if there were special deals and discounts on in-game items or credits?

A) If it is rare or a one-off item. If it can be obtained through grinding, I would rather grind.

11) What are the channels that you prefer to watch game streams on? Why? 

A) Facebook seems to be the best platform for me as I would casually scroll my feed an sometimes come across a game stream which I tend to watch occasionally.

12) What are the important factors that influence your gaming experience? (EG: Latency, Music, Device) 

A) For me it would be stability, game library and support from both the company and the community. The Switch seems to be headed towards the right direction, now only lacking in the game library.

13) What would you want to improve on to complete your gaming experience in the future?

A) Since I have made a move towards the portable scene of late, I believe we need better hardware, or in other words an updated Vita with better support from the company. On the other hand, the software and services currently in the market seems to be okay for me.  So I can't really think of any major improvements needed as what we currently have seems to be doing well for what they are supposed to do.

I hope this helps

SuperUser

1) Which type of games that you play often?

PC & Consoles
2) What are the games that you are playing currently?

PC: Destiny 2 & Overwatch (Graphic Cards cost a bomb these days, no money laaaa)

PS4: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

PS Vita: SD Gundam G Generation Genesis. (Awaiting Super Robot War X)

Nitendo Switch: Bayonetta 1 & Fire Emblem Warrior
3) What do you like about the games you are playing?

Generally it's more about the storyline or unique game play. Not to mention also getting to know more friends if the game is online basis.

As much time as I can as long i'm free Smiley Tongue

Ah this purely depends on the game itself but easily i'll spend from RM20 - RM200++ (some games bought from Online store)

Mainly credit card or paypal. Payment method is kinda limited for PC & Consoles.

Support the developer on the games created

Definitely. This would be great!

YES!

YES, why not Smiley Tongue

YouTube/Twitch. Mainly most game streamers use either of the media to stream their game plays

PC? Definitely the graphics thus needing a good graphic card is priority for optimum gameplay. For consoles nothing much though..

PC: Next Gen flagship graphic cards XD.. Consoles: More powerbanks.

___
Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up.If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster! Meow De Ge So!

SuperUser

@Lacuswrote:

Mainly credit card or paypal. Payment method is kinda limited for PC & Consoles.

u brought up a good one that i overlooked -- PayPal.

i like to use this partly due to the protection that I get as a buyer. I could logde report and have the transaction put on hold, etc... 

If you think this reply is helpful, don't forget click the THIS IS HELPFUL button. Smiley Happy
If my reply solves your problem (or answers your question),I would appreciate if you can click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION.