Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Refresh your gadgets for 2018 with these tips!

by Community Manager ‎05-01-2018 01:15 PM - edited ‎12-01-2018 03:34 PM

Did you know that January is “clean up your gadgets month”? So to get a fresh start this year, let’s give your smartphone a minor overhaul that will make your 2018 even more efficient and hassle-free!

Reorganise and clean up!

Besides getting a new smartphone cover and screen protector, you can start by deleting apps and games that you’ve left unused for quite some time. You should also go through your phone book - some of the contacts you’ve saved over the years are possibly obsolete by now.

Tip: Go through your phone book in alphabetical order. Plus, make use of the additional information feature available in your phonebook to store details such as emails, secondary numbers, and more when updating your contacts list.

Have work life balance on your smartphone

via GIPHY

While it might sound confusing or inconvenient to be using more than one chat app, this method can come in very handy especially when your work requires you to be in contact with several parties. Separate your work chats from your friends and families with apps like Slack, Telegram and more. What’s more, these apps allow file sharing without compressing your its size. Introduce this idea to your colleagues - they’ll love it too!

Stay charged

While we are thankful for the convenience of power banks, a good charger (besides your smartphone’s original charger) is essential to sustain a smartphone’s battery life. If you’re considering to get an additional third-party charger, here’s what you should look out for:

1.  Pay attention to the charger’s voltage and amperage. Never purchase one that charges more than the standard voltage/amperage of your stock charger. However, if they are too low, it might take more time for your phone to fully charge.

2.  Get thicker USB cables. They tend to be tougher and will be able to carry both the charge and data should you need to connect your smart device to a computer

But, if you’re looking for a fresh new start with a new smartphone all together, we have just the deals for you! Get extra 12% off biGBonus 4G Phone Bundle - it’s you last chance to enjoy this amazing deal! Find out here!

Comments
by shockk SuperUser
‎16-01-2018 07:06 AM - edited ‎16-01-2018 07:07 AM

Great tips! Thank you for sharing. 👏🏻

I personally prefer to keep a totally separate phone device and mobile line for my work matters.

One thing to add - always ensure that your powerbanks are always charged as well. Unless your phone has a huge battery installed, a powerbank will almost always come in handy when you need it the most, especially if you have forgotten to charge your phone the night before. A powerbank to me is something that is better to have when I don't need it, rather than having to need it and not having it. 😬

Labels

Meet our Support team and SuperUsers