Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The most **bleep**test internet DIgi in the world

i have 5 bar signal! but when i use mobile data to play games , i always lag! cant play smooth! **bleep** digi! ./.       DIGI SUCKS! DIGI INTERNET LIKE A TURTLE! MOVE SLOW LIKE **bleep**! IDIOT DIGI SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: The most **bleep**test internet DIgi in the world

Community Manager

Hi @asdasdas1231231, if you're having trouble with the internet connectivity, please submit your network feedback through MyDigi app. http://community.digi.com.my/t5/Apps-Services/Report-Digi-network-problems-via-the-MyDigi-app/ta-p/2...

Latency to gaming servers are not only dependent on your cellular service. The destination server's capability will also impact your latency for gameplay.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements

[ Edited ]

There is  many reason why you may experience in-game lag, most likely due to high latency or network jitter (or latency spike). However, most latency problem are resolved, especially when money is involve, like:

• Move to a location to where their telecom services work best* ( Transportation)
    • Getting  device/simcard that actually support LTE/LTE-A/5G line** ( Buying Devices and packages )
    • Subscribing to network provide that work best in their location. ( Buying new product )
    • Things like change network/router setting.  ( Unless you break something in the process )
    • Abandon mobile data and WiFi internet entire and go for Fibre Optic Internet. ( #FibreMasterRace )

*Not all cell tower has the same capabillity, ask Customer Service/technician for more info.

**Frequency Band the device can receive is critical to get into LTE/LTE-A line. Some provider have different using frequency, research before making buying decision. LTE Network in Asia

Or nutshell things like:

• Playing on Server* that is closer to your location.
      • Stop all background apps that is  downloading or updating something.
      • Change DNS ( Improve web page load time, not sure about latency)
      • Airplane on and off, to rerouting your mobile to nearest cell tower.

Customer Service are great to get your inquiry answered or help you understand what you are facing here. Don't expect too much from Customer Services. Sometime they can help, but most the time they just generate info that came push new product, or using the report to help them determine which area need  infrastructure improvement, when they want and when they can. Either way, your feedback are still valuable.

To get the basic understand of Latency and games network: Check out Battle(non)sense video on Netcode 101 - What You Need To KnowA Or this advance article by Ilya Grigorik: High Performance Browser Networking.

Very interesting read. Recommend reading More Bandwidth Doesn’t Matter (Much),

My takes on Oversimplified version:

Spoiler

Both bandwidth and latency depend on more than your Internet connection – they are affected by your network hardware, the remote server’s location and connection, and the Internet routers between your computer and the server.

Packets don’t travel through routers instantly. Each router a packet has to travel through introduces a delay of a few milliseconds, which can add up if the packet has to travel through many routers to reach the other side of the world.

You > Signal Tower > Network Core > Packets Gateway > External Network

The latency generated from between you and packets gateway may goes anything between 30~255ms (LTE. IF LTE-A expect lower) before other factor are considered. This latency are relaively low most of the time, but it is still depend on with your devices signal, latency performance of carrier infranstructure and the network traffic.  From there onward, latency that occur between packet gateways and destination address of the server in internet belong to internet routing latency, which are varied by the distance of you and the servers. With these things pieces together, you can be expecting the overall latency to goes somewhere about 100ms - 600ms on an LTE network, which is much better than the 200ms ~ 3000+ms 3G network internet.

Older version:

Spoiler

Distance between you and the game servers and other factors stack up againt your overall performance. More on this video: Netcode 101 - What You Need To Know by Battle(non)sense.  Since you are gaming on a mobile data, it's guarantee to see latency hit 'cause by packet loss. Assuming your are not using any plan that has low bandwidth (speed) caps (No, 2mbps is not forking optimize for this), you shouldn't experience major problem whren using the bandwidth Digi are able to pump out ( 10mbps still optimal) , moreover on a full bar signal 4G network, unless you are on 3G/H+. (4G give me  much stable latency) Then there is bufferbloat problem  which have no other solution than getting a LTE router/modem that come with SQM/QoS/ Custom firmware compability.

1.  Play in  the server that is closest to your location, if you are not doing it already
  2. You can compare test your network using tools like: Opensignal, Dslreport and etc. Use that result and compare with your gaming performance. Should you suffer from high latency than usual, contact both GM and Digi CS for assistant, with your result (screenshot and etc).
  3. But if your result is bad to beginning with, the only option you had is to, Switch to different provider, that has strong reception in your are. Hotlink LTE got better performance compare to Digi's, in my area when the signal is max out (However Maxis  4G low signal indoor in my area despite having 2 cell tower that has maxis network between my location [SK Stapok]). Use Opensignal to check which Telecom perform better in your neighbor, then spent few ringgit and try out their services.
  4. 4. OR get a fibre optic internet + WiFi router for gaming.  If this does not help, I don't know what else can, other than 5G and SpaceX satellite.

I myself had problem playing MOBA game using Digi  4G  back then. *(王者荣耀, Vainglory, and other competitive genre). These game don't really have SEA servers to begin with. Pingback between their dedicated servers goes around 100ms~200ms, and random DC and spike plus other factors, it's a pain in the **bleep** to play these games, more over in a heavy populated servers (network congestion). Still playable though, except FPS game, not in a game when 2 second  lagis more than enough to get you one shot killed. Game like Mobile Legend work well in MY because there are server closeby. However the player base cannot par with the level of other gaming studio had to offer, for which I rather play those instead of this, even the lag and spike. Quality of fibre optic internet are not without any flaws. These thing is not availble I my area so I can't benchmark their  actual performances, sadly. No words on GPN/VPN neither.

In this video you will learn about basic computer networking, update rates, tick rates and a lot more which affects your online experience. I also tell you t...

YEAH! SCAMMER DIGI! **bleep** **bleep**! USING THIS SLOW INTERNET SO **bleep** WASTING MY MONEY! IDIOT DIGI! **bleep** SCAMMER RUBBISH **bleep** DIGI WORKER! GIVING CUSTOMER USING **bleep** WIFI! WELL PLAYED DOGGY **bleep**! **bleep** **bleep** IDIOT DIGI WORKERS! PUI

@asdasdas1231231 wrote:

i have 5 bar signal! but when i use mobile data to play games , i always lag! cant play smooth! **bleep** digi! ./.       DIGI SUCKS! DIGI INTERNET LIKE A TURTLE! MOVE SLOW LIKE **bleep**! IDIOT DIGI SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community Manager

@asdasdas1231231, I hope that you understand it is hard to assist you without further descriptions of your issue. 

@M_Chinhas provided some productive suggestions to you which you can consider reading. 

You should also provide details of your issue properly on MyDigi app so that there can be future improvements for you http://community.digi.com.my/t5/Apps-Services/Report-Digi-network-problems-via-the-MyDigi-app/ta-p/2...

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements