Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Speed capped/throttled on i150 4G

Hello there,

I've been using Infinite 150 more than a month. At the first, my connection easily reached 30-40mbps.

But recently, I suspect my connection capped to 8mbps only. I started my own investigation by running the REALTIME Graphical bandwidth monitoring. And yes, its capped at 8mbps. Refer Pic no.1

PIC 1

photo_2017-07-19_10-18-32.jpg

I have lodge a complaint via MyDigi apps but there is no respond from your team (by email or new message in the app).

One more thing, beside the capping issue, I can see some weird pattern with the speed. Seems like your server doing the MIN & MAX speed trigger which is the speed will drop to 2mbps then incrementally up to 8mbps. Refer Pic no.2

PIC 2

photo_2017-07-19_10-17-22.jpg

Re: Speed capped/throttled on i150 4G

Almost 48 hrs and no one able to respond. Is there any digi support staff here? Or just us keep talking each other (digi's subscribers)

Community Manager

Hi @razdee, do you keep track of your usage volume? Users may be throttled for exceeding 1TB usage in a month

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Yeah. I know the about the 1TB MYTH (I call it myth since never stated in Infinite 150 T&C).

And yes, I did not reached 1TB. Thank you for responding

Community Manager

@razdee, any attempts to use P2P communications? 

Anyway, it would be helpful if you can PM your phone number to one of our community support to check on your issue http://community.digi.com.my/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user?q=support

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Honestly, I hate P2P. lol.. prefer direct download. and you got pm by the way..

Contributor
So i150 capped after 1TB to 5Mbps..how about i80 then?

Community Manager

@Sardan91 wrote:
So i150 capped after 1TB to 5Mbps..how about i80 then?

Fair usage policy applies to all postpaid including Infinite plan. Based on recent information, it may be an exact 1TB. Throttling may be applied for accounts which is exhibiting excessive usage.

Dear.
please dont treat customers who are paying ur bills like rubbish. he is not a child to say have you this and that. my case is the same. before this i am getting around 60mbps now is capped speed fo less than 20mbps. please explain what are you and digi trying to do???

My recommendation is to change the 1TB throttling policy. As i understand it, it will be throtelled when the user hit 1TB usage but reset to 0 on the next month billing.

Since Digi already track daily usage, instead  of resetting to 0, why not use daily rest usage average. this way it will force the user who hit 1TB will have to reduce usage on next few days or even weeks or else they will hit 1TB quota sooner.