Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Regarding on 4G and 4G+

Hi Digi Team,

Currently I'm using Mi 5 which did support 4G+ based on the China Sim card I use when travel in Hangzhou, it did show up 4G+ sign.

But somehow now I even in TTDI area working which have 4G+ network coverage, but my Digi Sim Card only show 4G sign.
And the speed test is show 30Mbps.
So it's sim card can't support or other problem?

Re: Regarding on 4G and 4G+

Community Manager

@sss2sssss, LTE bands and carrier aggregation support can differ for phone sold in different region, especially with devices meant for China market, as they use more TD-LTE instead of FD-LTE.

To use Digi's 4G+, the device must support both Band 3 and 7,  and interband carrier aggregation.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements

[ Edited ]

@MrOctopusK Yes Mi 5 did support Band 3 and Band 7 and it does can perform up to 3 channel carrier aggregation
So that's why I ask here

Community Manager

@sss2sssss, there is no special requirement of SIM card to use 4G+, as long as it is USIM/4G enabled.

From a quick Google search, it appears that Mi 5 does not support interband carrier aggregation, as tested by MIUI community. There are more resources about this if you search into Mi 5's CA.

http://en.miui.com/thread-392070-1-1.html

http://en.miui.com/thread-360460-1-1.html

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements

[ Edited ]

@MrOctopusK
From what I search just now, Mi 5 does support Interband CA
http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=634&t=4861695

http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=634&t=4988539

This two is Taiwan forum and it's display Chinese Word, but the information is say that in Japan NTT Docomo and Taiwan Chunghwa Telecom both can use 4G+ as network
and Both NTT Docomo and Chunghwa Telecom is using Interband CA
NTT Docomo: CA_3A_19A, CA_1A_21A, CA_1A_19A_21A, CA_1A_3A_19A and more
Chunghwa Telecom: CA_3A_8A, CA_3A_7A_8A
And they both is CAT 6 while ur LTE network is only CAT 4

The first attachment is Chunghwa Telecom

[ Edited ]

@MrOctopusK
The second attachment is regarding NTT Docomo one

And from my network analysis just now, ur LTE band 7 is too less if  compare to Band 3, the band 3 is keep pop out while band 7 is seldom see 1 or 2 only

Community Manager

@sss2sssss, I'm sorry for my poor proficiency of chinese language. I may not have gotten the right information from those link. Do the original article/poster explicitly show the 4G+  screenshot is made with exactly B3 and B7 carrier aggregation? Could it have been a possiblity where their network provided with with intraband CA, when the screenshots was taken?

Another possibility is that Xiaomi may have configured the baseband NVRAM differently for devices sold in different region.

For example of Huawei P9+, it supports interband CA but not the P9, although many thinks that it is the same phone with slight variation of screen size. 

Super Contributor
Bro, we cannot compare malaysia telco with others as they might have more than 10mhz for each spectrum frequency.

For example, south korea/singapore only having 3 telco which government easily allocated 20mhz+ to each telco, which makes them enable intraband CA.

But there is no option in every phone tells us that the 4G+ shown thr is intra or interband CA.
But we cannot deny that NTT might also using interband CA when u using it.

Dear admin, please talk/discuss with ur team/lead/management to provide a special webpage for 4G+ devices list as it is suffering me from purchasing phone.

More n more china phone are CA enabled, but mostly intraband FDD but intra and interband for their TDD-LTE.
how the **bleep** we going to find those so specific specifications in their official web?
Gsmarena, devicespec, all dun hv any info bout this.
State a cat6 300mbps/2CA doesn't mean interband supported too.

It is very easy to maintain the list of device support ur 4G+.
Verify all those local set is enough. Ignore those china sets.

Lastly, can please check honor 8 FRD-L09 support malaysia digi 4G+ or no?
I cant find.

I wonder why the discussion just stop here? What's the answer for the last question? Thanks.

Community Manager

@ccwpcr wrote:
I wonder why the discussion just stop here? What's the answer for the last question? Thanks.

It would be best to confirm with the device manufacturer as there can be variants to the band support.