Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No coverage on 3G

Hi there. Whenever i change my data from 2g to 3g i loose connection and coverage altogether. It will seem like the phone has gone into aeroplane mode. Please help. Tq
Highlighted

Re: No coverage on 3G

[ Edited ]

Hi there, welcome to Digi Community.

Prior to this problem, have you ever managed to connect to 3G at the same location as where you are reporting this issue?

If this is the first time you are facing this problem, try restarting your phone first, then, if possible, swap your SIM card with another phone to try again.

If you have never been able to connect to 3G at this location, kindly check with your nearby friends and families who are using Digi and see if they are able to be on 3G network. If non of your friends and families can be on Digi 3G network, then this is a coverage issue, you may report to Digi so they will take your location into consideration during future coverage expansion works.

Have a nice weekend ahead!

Community Manager

@Shireen, even if you're at an area with no 3G coverage, your phone should still continue to use 2G network, not losing connection altogether. As suggested by @qufeng49, have you been able to use 3G in your area before? How about other phones?

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.

To answer your question

Yes i have been using 3G all the while. Its only recently that it started playing up. 

Tried switching off the phone and turning it back on. did not help. I am not able t swap sim with another phone because i dont have a phone around me  that can fit my micro sim. Everyone else around me can connect to 3G.

I called Digi and logged a ticket (982544). They sent me the configuration and i followed exactly what they said.. Did not help. 

They said someone will call me back in 48 hours and there has not been any call back from digi..

Im just giving them a few more days before i consider changing Telco. 

This is not the first time i have problems with Digi and never got a call back when promised.

caling the helpline is a disaster because it takes them good 20minutes to answer the calls. 

Im still waiting.. Im on a 3GB data plan which will expire in a couple of days... and i have a balance of 2.3 GB data because the 2G network is super slow and i have to use Wifi most of the time.  Considering its a waste i doubt Digi will do anything about this.