Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Horrendous Ping Times and Connection to China Telecom

Contributor

Dear DiGi, please rectify your China Telecom routing because it's awfully horrendous and lousy. It'll solve many of your user complains because a bulk of content servers are actually hosted by China Telecom's datacentres. Of all their divisions, it is important to take note that thei Beijing Telecom division is China's major submarine cable landing site and where their HQ is located. I'm going to post a few snapshots to prove that the issue is exclusively related to DiGi and this issue has been prolonged since early May until today without any resolve.

The ping rates with DiGi to Beijing Telecom is at least twice that of competing rival telcos in Malaysia as well as regional Tier-1 isps.The average ping rates for DiGi to Beijing Telecom is over 260ms while others are only below 110ms equivalent to sites such as in Tokyo and Taipei.

1)

To be fair and prove that this has nothing to do with congestion, I took the speedtest with DiGi at around 5am in the morning to Beijing Telecom(China Telecom):

2)

This time, I connected to my Digital Ocean VPS server in Singapore.Despite being routed through a VPS server to its destination using DiGi, ping times were halved and upload speeds improved significantly.

3)

Further tests with other rival Malaysian telcos also proves that they do not have this issue. It was done on a mid weekeend afternoon around 1pm. Yet speeds were superb with very low ping times.

Due to erratic routing and high pings to China Telecom servers, many DiGi customers are now complaining because they're getting weird issues streaming IPTV and video from China servers. Among the issues are frequent buffering pauses, video/sound not synching properly and blockage from content access.

It is now more than a month(since early May 2018)and nothing is being resolved. Can you please highlight this to your network team for improvisation or we subscribers have to bring this up directly  to Telenor's International Carrier Division for resolvement?