Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Highest Speed Achieved

Contributor

Hi all, just wondering what was the highest ever speed that you experienced on Digi?

Here's mine in SS13 Subang area:

speedtest-digi.jpg

Wondering if anyone achieved above 100mbps of download speed before? Kindly share the location and I would like to test it out myself as well. Smiley LOL

Re: Highest Speed Achieved

[ Edited ]
Contributor
Can't see the photo as per attached.

FYI, I've experienced more than 50Mbps several times but never reached 100Mbps.

Please find an attachment of the photo showed the highest speed I've got.

As long as I understand, with LTE A+ speed may exceed 100Mbps. Btw it depends, many factors may effects the transmission e.g. Geo-location, indoor/outdoor, wheather, the cell tower itself etc.

Contributor

I cannot see my speedtest image unless I'm logged in, perhaps privacy issue or something? Can't seem to edit post anymore as well. I'll attach the speedtest in this post as an attachment.

I've achieved above 80mbps but still finding for a place that can exceed 100mbps.

Community Manager

Don't worry, the images will show. Forum admin has to approve the images that were uploaded, hence the delay. Sorry about that.

I only have a LTE capable phone, without LTE-A. The best it can do is very very near 50Mbps but never more. I envy those who has LTE-A device.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements

Community Manager

IMG-20160623-WA0070.jpgThis is speed test result in my house. LTE-A area but my phone is an old OnePlus One so this is almost the best it can do in practical world.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements

Contributor
Theoretically, LTE Advanced (LTE-A) may gain up to 150Mbps. But again many factors would effects the speed. Some Telco throttled the max-speed even set it up based on overall network-infra or cell-tower based. Transmission congestion due to user per cell tower. Phone capabilities. Different phone, varies performance although their have an equal 4G capability. Even no any apps can be touted as a most accurate speed tester so the results may vary. The list of what, why & how would long if we analyze all the occurences.

I shares some "mythbuster" test:
1. 2 phones, differ OS. Test using same app. Eg. speedtest
2. 2 phones, differ OS. Test using other app. Eg. OpenSignal.
3. 2 phones, same OS. Repeat test as above 1 & 2.
4. Repeat 1, 2 & 3 indoor or outdoor which come 1st.

and the list is still going on. Malas nak taip. So be a rocket scientist, come out with own testing.

The result? Trust me. All the results will never be a same. Why? Just google.

Contributor
This an example what the result by doing a simple test.

Contributor

I try to reduce variables when testing. For example, stick to the same app and test server, sitting at the same exact spot in a cafe each time etc.

So far Digi have been hitting >80mbps at this spot in SS13 Subang so it's pretty consistent.

As for your variables, I believe OpenSignal's speedtest server is not a local server so that's why it will tend to be slower but also more realistic in every day usage. As for Speedtest.net, if you don't select a server manually it will definitely auto-select a local server so it is showing speeds for local servers. Good thing is many sites these days deploy CDN around the world.

Contributor
Finally, achieved over 100mbps at Jonker Street area in Melaka.

Community Manager

Impresssive! Such high speed right in the middle of a busy Jonker Street.