Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Digi should consider to implement VOWIFI

[ Edited ]

Hi Digi,

As a Digi Subscriber, I think many of us, Digi's subscribers, always suffer from a same problem:

POOR SIGNAL or NO SIGNAL 

As overall, I know Digi has already done their best in providing a wide coverage, but still I suffer from poor/weak/no signal when I am in indoor, for example, when I am inside my house, the signal can drop from 4G(2 bar)/3G(3 bar) into EDGE (2 bar).

It's been for few months I have switch to Digi, initially the network is still usable, but after a month or two, i cant have a stable signal inside my house. Thus, i always miss the calls from my friends.

I already reported this issue to Digi Customer Service and they did forward this issue to their Network engineer.

But, the result I received from them is, they cant cater it, or it might takes around 2 years inorder to add extra base station in my area, since the existing base station need to cater the public area such as the highway outside my house, thus I rarely got signal inside my house.

I know it involves alot of technical difficulties in implementing new technology into existing service.

But I do hope at least i can receive the calls and sms in my home using my WiFi as it is much stable than the cellular and I dont need to  rely on Digi's network. It is hopeless and helpless when my phone always shows "No Service" and luckily i can rely on WiFi to receive WhatsApps.

I hope to get this feature ASAP which benefits a lots of users who are suffering from the same situation with me. Besides that, I belive it can improve the quality of service and reduce the burden of cellular tower!

I do hope that Digi can implement VOWiFi as what U Mobile is doing/offering right now.

Thanks!

Re: Digi should consider to implement VOWIFI

Community Manager

@eugeneWCH, you must be delighted to see this then: https://www.lowyat.net/2015/83115/digi-launches-lte-a-volte-and-vowifi-to-arrive-in-2016/

However timeline is not confirmed yet but certainly VoWifi is being considered.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.
Highlighted

How much longer until VoWiFi is implemented? I've been hearing about DiGi wanting to implement it for  years now... 

Community Manager

@biatch0 wrote:

How much longer until VoWiFi is implemented? I've been hearing about DiGi wanting to implement it for  years now... 

Sadly not many phones support VoWIfi. Even VoLTE have many differing implementation between manufacturers, which may make many models incompatible with the network. Let the technology be more mature and we would see these feature across all models.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Having intermittent network issues? Read this Report Digi network problems via the MyDigi app to help us help you!

Getting SMS spams? "Third Party Charges for SMS from Content Providers " article can help.