Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Average internet speed in Penang

[ Edited ]

I'm experiencing speed slowdown in the past one week in Penang Bayan Lepas area. My speedtest can't break more than 20Mbps. Usually i can reach 40+Mbps. I was told they "upgraded" the antenna lately. The "upgrade" could be a downgrade to me. 

i usually have 4G reception inside my house, but now only get 3G. Sam place same  device. Obviously something is not right. I tested with other better android device, Galaxt S7e. I can get more than 50Mbps in the past with LTE-A. Now max is 20Mbps.  Average  during peak time is 4 to 12Mbps. Off-peak is 12 to 20 Mbps. 

I tried to  move around to other area in bayan lepas to test the speed. No improvement. No difference connectiong to B3 (1800MHz) / Band 7 (2600MHz) / CA (B3 + B7)

After  i call DiGi CS, they asked to wait for call in 48 hours for "solution". I doubt i'll receive call in 48 hours. Still have 6 hours to go. I hope some technical folks can provide more technical answer to me. 

My question to the community, what is the current average 4G/4G+ internet speed you can get in Penang area?  Are they degraded? 

P/S: I'm on DiGi Infinite 150 with no speed or quota cap. The first 2 months were very good.