4G+

Why i do not have 4g + internet service, only 4G internet, i live kepong
Highlighted

Re: 4G+

Contributor

@CFChong wrote:

Hai @CFChong,

May i know what device u use?abt 4G+ u mention is it refering to statusbar on ur device?as far as i know for 4G symbol device will show 4G or LTE.not all device can enjoy 4G+ service even that device have 4G service...4G+ only for device that have LTE CAT6...

Highlighted

my phone is huawei p9
Highlighted

Contributor

@CFChong wrote:
my phone is huawei p9

ok then...ur device can get 4G+ service and u r using it at the moment...due to system (ROM) limitation, u only able to see "4G"...not all phone will show LTE when u use 4G internet...u can refer this link and it trustworthy...hope this clarified u...https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/help/p9-4g-inter-intra-band-t3372647

Highlighted

Community Manager

@CFChong wrote:

4G+ implementation on devices are not all the same. Currently P9 does not support interband carrier aggregation that makes it not have 4G+ on Digi network.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements
Highlighted

macam mana buat hp vivoY51 stay in 4G LITE
Highlighted

Support

@Alex0168463867. Boleh pastikan, apa yang dimaksudkan dengan 4G LITE? Anda maksudkan 4G LTE ke?

Hope it helps. Please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up OR click on "Accept as Solution" from Options menu above to help others find their answers faster! Have a nice day!
Highlighted

Community Manager

@Alex0168463867 wrote:
macam mana buat hp vivoY51 stay in 4G LITE

Not every phone model can fix the band selection to 4G only. Most phones will fall back to 3G if 4G signal strength weakens.

Hope my answer has helped! If it has, please click on "This is Helpful" to give it a thumbs up. If this is the solution you seek, click on "Accept as Solution" to help others find their answers faster!

Avoid getting scammed with bogus Digi promotionsFake Facebook Scam Announcements
Highlighted

Cannot access 4G+ or LTE-A at home..

Why nowdays i cannot access 4G+ or LTE-A from my home. I can get  strong signal  band 3 and band 7, both RSSP -90 and above, but still no carrier aggregation. I do stand near digi tower opposite Petronas Jalan Ahmad Badawi, still have band 3 and band 7, but no 4G+. Is digi turn off lte-a at that tower? During my site survey, I can get 4G+ if I move to next tower, behind Pusat Matrikulasi Pongsu Seribu.

I also check at Digi Official Coverage map, clearly i can  see the tower has 4G+ or LTE-A coverage. Why now digi is turn off 4G+ on that tower? 

Highlighted

Contributor

Using Band 7 for carrier aggregation is not the most convenient way of increasing user's speed. There are other options such as increasing Band 3(1800MHz) width and deploying 4x4 MIMO multiplexing(requires more specialized UE/modem with more built in antennas on subscriber's end).

The inconvenient troubling issue with Band 7 is that it operates at high frequencies in the 2600MHz range which makes it unsuitable to cover wide terrains and outdoors. Even our long range WiFi signals at 2.4GHz could cover wider areas if it is deployed with the same size commercial antennas at a base station. It was meant to be used indoors and deployed in very densely populated areas where there are many subscribers permitting investment returns.

To turn on a weak Band 7 base station amidst in an area already providing good Band 3 coverage invites trouble. Most 4G device users in that area will by default connect to that Band 7 instead of Band 3 even those living at the coverage edge with very weak signals causing the telcos' 4G network to be unusable to most users unless their device permits manual band selection.