Tips To Help You Stay Connected After WhatsApp’s Discontinued Support For Selected Smartphones
on 22-01-202005:07 PM - last edited on 23-01-202010:35 AM by Milkbox
We’ve got some important information for you. Smartphone users who have not upgraded to a new version of the operating system, there is more reason to do so now. Whatsapp had recently announced its decision to shut support for smartphones on low operating systems.
Starting 1 February 2020, iPhone users on iOS8 or older, and Android users on version 2.3.7 or older will no longer be supported by the Facebook-owned messaging platform. They will no longer be able to create new accounts, nor verify existing accounts. Being one of the most popular chat app, some of us affected will have to brace ourselves. But fret not! We’ve got some tips to help you stay in touch with your friends and family.
If you don’t want to lose any of your chats and information stored in Whatsapp, there’s an option to do so! Here’s how:
1. Open the chat you want to save and tap on Chats
2. Tap ‘Export Chat’
3. You’ll be given the option to download the chat with or without media (this means your pictures, videos, voice notes and files). Choose your preferred option and voilà! You can now export and save all your chats safely.
Update your operating system to the latest one to avoid getting left out of all your group chats! Here’s how:
1. Open your phone settings.
2. Tap on ‘General’, and then ‘Software Update’.
3. Lastly, tap on ‘Download and Install’ and you’re good to go!
1. Open your phone settings
2. Tap on ‘About Phone’ and check for updates.
3. If an update is available, tap on ‘Update’ and install the software. And that’s it! You’re good to go!
If you’re looking to upgrade your smartphone, check out the latest smartphones with our PhoneFreedom 365 device plans here!