Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Join the conversation
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The 5 Stages of Online Shopping

by SuperUser on ‎04-12-2020 03:58 PM

December is here and ‘tis the season to be jolly and generous! It’s also the time of the year where kids worry if they’ve made Santa’s nice list and where most of us scratch our heads on what to get as gifts for Christmas. 

Shopping this year will no doubt be a little different as most of us will likely be doing our shopping online for convenience among other reasons. But with many choices of online shops come newfound challenges. Deciding which shop to buy from and where to get the best deals. 

But worry not! This article will get you through the 5 stages of online shopping!

Stage 1: Temptation

1.png

You can run, but you can't hide. Everywhere you go, it's there waiting for you! No matter where you look, all you will see are bright banners and posters calling out to you. All of which lure you in with whispers of deals you can't ignore.

"70% discounts", "year end sales", "Smartphones from only RM68 with more@Digi"

You'll find yourself fighting to resist it, and you think you've succeeded. Then in the corner of your eye, you see your favourite store having a... 90% OFF SALE?!?! OMG. YASS. NEED. WANT.

Stage 2: Distraction

2.png

Now that you’ve added a few things to your cart, it’s time to checkout and pay. But DJ Khaled ain't got nothing on you when you keep finding more and more stuff you totally 'need' right as you’re about to pay. ANOTHER ONE. A cute little breadmaker that you'll buy and only use a couple of times? Yes please. That chocolate fondue fountain that's 30% off? Obviously. Slow down there y’all, remember to focus on only what you need.

Stage 3: Removal

3.gif

Ariana Grande would be like "I see it, I like it, I want it, I put it into my cart, then I take it out in the end." You’re at stage 3 when you start to realise that maybe, and I'm just guessing here, you have way too many things in your cart. Do you really need waterproof speakers to play in the shower? What about that popcorn maker that you picked just because you think you'll be having a movie marathon with your friends soon? REMOVE. 

Stage 4: Waiting

4.jpg

You finally click “pay” and the time to wait has finally come. It can feel like it's been days, weeks, or months even. You see everyone with their own packages on their Instagram stories and you keep checking the tracking site, "Your package is being delivered!". And when you finally give up all hope, thinking that it must've gotten lost in the delivery centre... DING DONG!

Stage 5: Arrival

5.png

It's here! You run-up to your door, which is right next to you cause you've been desperately waiting next to it the whole day, and see the delivery dude holding your package! You sign off and start to tear open the box. You open it up and see... THAT BREADMAKER THAT YOU BOUGHT?! I give up. 

Happy with your purchase, you finally reach the end of the cycle. That is, until the next time you go online shopping again! 

If you’re looking for great online deals, check out Digi’s special year-end-sale to help you get More@Home! Click here to start shopping now!

Comments
by Member
on ‎01-01-2021 03:11 PM
Labels

Meet our Support team and SuperUsers